TPG Community

Get online support

Setting up Tp-Link Archer VR600v modem for TPG voip telephone

SOLVED Go to solution
AJ
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, can anyone advise if the Tp-Link Archer VR600v (EU)  Ver 2.0 modem can be configured to enable TPG VOIP? I have TPG NBN connection (FTTN) and although when connecting the telephone (Uniden DECT 1735 series) there is a dial tone, no outgoing or incoming calls connect. (Incoming callers are advised that the phone service is not connected). The modem supplied by TPG (Tp-Link Archer VR1600 Ver 1.0) works ok, but in my house the VR600v seems to have a better WiFi coverage.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @AJ Only the TPG supplied modems will work with TPG's VOIP service, you could always use the supplied TPG modem for VOIP and wired ethernet only and configure the VR600v as just a wirless access point to handle all the WiFi.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
orbistat
Level 8

Hi @AJ Only the TPG supplied modems will work with TPG's VOIP service, you could always use the supplied TPG modem for VOIP and wired ethernet only and configure the VR600v as just a wirless access point to handle all the WiFi.

AJ
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

ajcastro
Level 2

Hi orbistat,

I am interested in setting up my TP-Link VR600v as a wireless router and using my Huawei HG659 as the modem and for VOIP. The end of your post appears to have a link to a solution on how to set this up, however it does not direct me anywhere when I click it. By any chance do you have a link to the information on how to achieve the above setup? Or are you able to explain how I can do it?

Cheers,

Adrian