TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ download speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
bryckl
Level 2

Hi

I have been getting slow download speeds and connection issues since last Tuesday.

Done speed test already 14 times : http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/38f89040-86b4-11e9-9191-a9e948f4a36b

this is a false reading as I am only getting 3765kb DL and 958kb Upload speeds if I am lucky enough on most day time useage let alone night time use. 

Yes I have connected everything as it should be connected from phone outlet to the line splitter to the modem/router. 

This is no longer acceptable service to provide to your long term customers such as myself 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ahra_G

I understand, @bryckl

I'll organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team tomorrow, 06 June 2019 between 5PM - 6PM AEST. 

Should you have another preferred time for the call, please feel free to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bryckl
Level 2

here is another speed test just done not more then 30 mins later

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/5c993640-86b8-11e9-8873-4598565978e8

Riezl

Hi @bryckl,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We have located the account using your community details. We have checked the status of your connection and we can see an indication that it is dropping out. Did you turn the modem off an on?

With regard to the speed issue, have you tried checking the speed using only one device connected via ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

Your internet service depends on the status/quality of your telephone service. Are you able to check if your home phone is working? Is there a dial tone? Is the call quality good?

bryckl
Level 2

hi Riezl,

I have done these:

• only have my laptop connected to the modem/router via a ethernet cable.
  • rebooted the modem which barely hits over 4105Kb during the night time.
  • checked the home phone line is working with a dial tone and the line has good call quality

Ahra_G

I understand, @bryckl

I'll organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team tomorrow, 06 June 2019 between 5PM - 6PM AEST. 

Should you have another preferred time for the call, please feel free to let us know. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Will

Hi @bryckl,

Our records show that you have already spoken to our Helpdesk Team and that you have advised that the service is already working properly.

Feel free to leave a message if you still require assistance.

Regards,