TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ speeds

keigoleung
Level 2

Hi

recently the speed of my internet below very unstable and slow.

sometimes at night it drop to lower then 1mb/s.

can you please check if there is something  wrong with the line?

please see attach of the line stats.

ken

16 REPLIES 16
Shane

Hi @keigoleung,

I am sorry to know that you're having difficulty with your connection. I ran initial tests on your service and it shows multiple dropouts on the line. I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation.

I'd like to get your best contact number and preferred time.

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @keigoleung,

Thanks for sending me your details. I was able to arrange a call from one of our Technicians tomorrow between 10-12NN NSW. You need to be at home to perform additional troubleshooting.

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

keigoleung
Level 2

Hi @Shane

I am sorry but i won't be home until 4 or 5 today, is it possible to schedule time that is not on a weekday working hours? its hard for me to stay home on weekdays.

thanks

Riezl

Hi @keigoleung, we can see that our Technical Team has been in touch and the callback has been rescheduled after 5PM today.

Let us know should you need any assistance. Thank you.

Shane

Hi @keigoleung,

We've seen that you have been in contact with one of our Technicians and provided assistance. Findings show that a possible cause of slow connection is the phone cable.

At the moment your service is currently connected for 1h 52m and getting a passing speed on the line. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

keigoleung
Level 2

Hi Shane

after talking to the technician on friday, he said it was our phone cable issue. so we switched to a new cable, and it work fine that day, after a day, the internet become unstable again like before.

can you ask the technician to investigate again why it keep happening?

thanks

ken

Erika

Hi @keigoleung

I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing an issue with your connection. 

I've ran remote tests on the line and the results does not show a physical issue with the line. However, I'm still seeing disconnections. 

I would recommend that we have one of our technicians give you a call to resolve your issue as your service may be affected by other factors.    

Please let us know your best time so I can get a technician to call you.

Regards,

keigoleung
Level 2

Hi Erika

i will be home today all day, is. it possible to arrange to call today?'its getting really slow speed at the moment

thanks ken

Erika

Hi @keigoleung

I've now arranged a call from one of our technicians today between 2pm - 3pm. 

Please let us know should you need further assistance. 

Regards,