TPG Community

Get online support

Slow ADSL2+ speeds

paulgarchibald
Level 2

I have recenrlty downgraded to ADSL2 as moved into a new area without nbn, im finding my speeds are well below your minimum acceptable speed. My download speed doesnt get over 2mbps and upload is barley anything, any help would be appreciated as i work from home.

9 REPLIES 9
BasilDV

Hi @paulgarchibald 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have tested the line.

We were able to detect a possible fault within the copper network, but can't verify if it's internal or external wiring issue.

We will arrange a call from our Tech team between 12PM - 3PM today to run further test using the number that we have on file.

If you have any preferred time and best number to be contacted, you may send it via PM and will arrange it for you.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @paulgarchibald 

We understand that the issue was escalated to our Engineering team and the fault within the copper line was raised to Telstra.

They've booked a technician to check the service on or before the 13th of August.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer via SMS or phone call.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Regards,

BasilDV

paulgarchibald
Level 2

This issue is still ongoing, i came home yesterday to find my telstra box tamperd with, might of been the technician. i didnt recieve any phone calls or sms updates. My internet is now even slower and i can barely load any webpages. this is causing alot of frustration for me as i need a steady internet connection to work from home with. surely 1mbps is well below the ADSL2 speed i should be getting.

Riezl

Apologies for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, @paulgarchibald. We can see that the case engineer tried to contact you, but to no avail. Please provide us your availability so we can organise a callback.

Riezl

Hi @paulgarchibald, we'd like to make a follow up regarding your best contact number and most convenient time to receive a call.

Please send it via PM. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @paulgarchibald, we can see that our Engineering Team has been in touch and discussed the concerns raised.

Let us know should you have further queries. Thank you.

paulgarchibald
Level 2

I have recenlty had a tech out and a new adsl line put in, but speeds are still slow. before this was setup a rep from tpg advised me that once the line has been put in i have to be on a contract for 12 months which i refused and i said 6 months (if the speed has improved) the speeds have not changed and i still can barley load any webpages, when i check my tpg account it says i am contracted for 6 months. I wish to cancel my adsl2 month to month contract and the 6 month contract should never have been applied to my account when no further contact has been made to see if my net speeds have improved.

BasilDV

Hi @paulgarchibald,

Thanks for the update.

We've tested the line and the low sync speed is still evident.

We'll chase this with our Engineering team and have someone to call you between 5PM - 7PM today to discuss your request.

Regards,

BasilDV

Will

Hi @paulgarchibald

I can see that our Engineering Team has already contacted you. As discussed, please send an email to finalize your request.