TPG Community

Get online support

Slow Connect After Drop Out issue unresolved

SOLVED Go to solution
markberk1
Level 5

I recently had an issue with multiple drop outs per day and your Tech dept couldn't resolve the matter saying it's as good as present infrastructure can do. See here - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Connection-Keeps-Dropping-Out-and-Reconnecting-Ne...

So I escalated the matter to customer_relations@tpg.com.au #9407950 - which I believe is just due process - and last I heard from them was "Allow me 1-2 working days from now to complete the assessment ..." That was 10 days ago and though I have sent them 2 reminders still no response.

I would like a response to that matter please, from Customer Relations, which may resolve the whole issue/s.

And if that's not going to happen the issue of download speed needs addressing, as the first issue was specifically about drop outs. Download speed, after the internal wiring was sorted, was in the low 40Mbps (with drop outs). It is now consistently in the low 30's or high 20's (still with drop outs), and often slower.

Has TPG slowed my speed to try reduce the incidence of drop outs, without telling me, or is this much slower speed now the best the infrastructure can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
markberk1
Level 5

Thanks @BasilDV 

Issue is resolved for now, since I got my DL speed back a couple days ago - back to 40+Mbps.

Some transparency on the botched job FTTN is might mitigate the inevitable tensions involved in selling it to unprepared people who have to come to terms with its inevitable issues of dropouts and fluctuating speed.

If the ALP get elected this time at least they recognise FTTN reliability as of particular concern.

Regards.  M

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @markberk1,

I'll chase this with your case manager and she will be in touch with you by Monday to provide further updates with the case.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @BasilDV 

No response from Customer Relations #9407950 in the time is very poor customer relations.

However, it seems I am on a stability profile due to dropouts and nobody at TPG told me and nobody would answer my questions about it. I want to be able to switch it off out of peak drop out time, to get my speed back to what's available.

Before this TPG offered me to cancel my account with some refund, due to the dropouts and before my DL speed was reduced, but didn't mention a refund for the modem. So I have asked at cancel@tpg.com.au this morning about it but I will wait until Monday before I decide. I am seriously considering going with another ISP that allows me to switch on and off the stability profile - if that continues with them.

BasilDV

Hi @markberk1,

We are aware that your case manager has sent you an Email.

You may respond to it for further discussion with your customer relations case manager.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @BasilDV 

Yes, I heard back but questions have not been directly answered.

I originally asked about a refund for the degraded internet service, multiple daily dropouts and much reduced DL speed. But this wasn't answered.

I also asked about being on a stability profile and if I can switch it off out of peak dropout times, but no answer on that either.

I was offered again a months refund and waiving of the 30 day notice if I want to leave TPG but still waiting for an answer if I will get a refund for the modem ...

BasilDV

Hi @markberk1,

I've forwarded the message to our customer relations team and your case manager has been advised with your query.

They'll assess the account and provide you with the updates once available.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

markberk1
Level 5

Thanks @BasilDV 

Issue is resolved for now, since I got my DL speed back a couple days ago - back to 40+Mbps.

Some transparency on the botched job FTTN is might mitigate the inevitable tensions involved in selling it to unprepared people who have to come to terms with its inevitable issues of dropouts and fluctuating speed.

If the ALP get elected this time at least they recognise FTTN reliability as of particular concern.

Regards.  M

Shane

Hi @markberk1,

We're glad to know that the speed issue with your service has been resolved. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!