TPG Community

Get online support

Slow Internet connection on NBN FTTC

nguyenvq
Level 3

Hi TPG
I got connect to NBN FTTC today (15/01/2020) and I am testing the Internet speed on the TPG server and I get 6.7 Mbps download and the upload is 18.7 Mbps. The test is around 9:30 PM. Could you tell me is it TPG server or NBN network slow? find attached screenshot.

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @nguyenvq ,

Thanks for raising this to us. We ran an initial test to the service it shows connected for 12h 31m with a passing speed on the line. Actual throughput speeds may be slower and could vary due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG. Devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable.

We did an article that you may find helpful this will guide you on how to improve your wirelesss connection at home.

For testing purposes, please run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet cable and post the test result on this thread.

Cheers!

nguyenvq
Level 3
Hi Shane

Thank you for your reply. I have been doing the speed test and i get consistent of 40Mbps.
Shane

Hi @nguyenvq,

Please post a screen shot of the speed test on this thread for Troubleshooting reference. Also, PM me your best contact number and preferred time. We'll have one of our Technicians contact you for real-time testing and investigation.

In case you need a reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Cheers!