TPG Community

Get online support

Slow connection and constant drop outs

SOLVED Go to solution
Steeden
Level 2
Hi, I seem to be getting a lot of drop outs lately and slow speeds. can you please check and see if what is going on? The connection doesn't seem to be stable and drops out every 5-10 minutes, sometimes more frequently. And then when it does drop out, it doesn't seem to want to authenticate again, unless I reboot the modem. I work from home so it's really important for me to have a stable internet connection. Stats below: Current DSL line status is displayed as the below. Line Mode ADSL2+ Line State Show Time Line Power State L0 Line Up Time 00:00:01:28 Line Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 1 Statistics Downstream Upstream Line Rate 7508 Kbps 1020 Kbps Attainable Line Rate 8272 Kbps 1064 Kbps Noise Margin 5.8 dB 7.2 dB Line Attenuation 38.0 dB 19.6 dB Output Power 0.0 dBm 12.9 dBm MSGC (number of bytes in overhead channel message) 59 10 B (number of bytes in Mux Data Frame) 235 145 M (number of Mux Data Frames in FEC Data Frame) 1 1 T (Mux Data Frames over sync bytes) 1 1 R (number of check bytes in FEC Data Frame) 10 0 S (ratio of FEC over PMD Data Frame length) 1.0015 4.5447 L (number of bits in PMD Data Frame) 1965 257 D (interleave depth) 64 1 Delay 16 1 Super Frames 5422 4833 Super Frame Errors 2625 0 RS Words 352452 0 RS Correctable Errors 189047 0 RS Uncorrectable Errors 55758 0 HEC Errors 2387 31 OCD Errors 0 0 LCD Errors 0 0 Total Cells 1521193 1873547 Data Cells 12296 55641 Bit Errors 0 2494 Total ES 71 0 Total SES 48 0 Total UAS 29 0
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steeden
Level 2

Hi,

It dropped out a couple of times yesterday, but it's been stable today.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks

Steeden

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi Steeden

Welcome to the TPG Community! 

I've managed to locate the account using your Community details and have ran remote tests on our end. Based on the result, there is no evident line fault that can be service affecting. 

We'd be glad to check for any underlying cause of the issue. I'll organise a call back to be made by our Technical Team to further assist you on this issue. 

Could you please send your best contact number and your most convenient time to receive a call via private message? 

Ahra_G

Good day, Steeden

We just want to know if you're still experiencing connection issues at the moment? If so, feel free to let us know your best contact time & number via PM so we can organise a call back to be made for further assistance. 

Cheers! 

Steeden
Level 2

Hi,

It dropped out a couple of times yesterday, but it's been stable today.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Thanks

Steeden

Ahra_G

We're pleased to know that it works well now on your end, Steeden!

Should any assistance arise, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Cheers!