TPG Community

Get online support

Slow internet sped just joined

SOLVED Go to solution
Lucianasposaro
Level 2

Hi I’m on the ADSL 2 plan unlimited data I joined less then a month maybe 2 weeks from the moment I had it running it’s slow like dial up like I’m capped? Surely your service is not like this all the time? If so I’ll be switching this is ridiculous. It takes forever for things to load movies pause it’s not what I expected at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @liliangel1975,

I checked your account and seen that you were able to speak with one of our Tech team last 8th of November and the issue about the slow and internet drop outs was escalated to our Engineering team.

Based on the investigation, you were over utilizing the upload of your NBN plan which is up to 1 Mbps only. This causes the drop outs and slow internet speed. Usage report was sent via email by your assigned engineer last 10th of November.

You can upgrade your NBN to our Boost plan which gives you a speed of between 5 Mbps and 25 Mbps for Download and up to 5 Mbps for Upload.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @Lucianasposaro,

I checked your account and was able to detect a good speed being given to your modem. It seems that you're on a healthy ADSL line.

Please visit this link for troubleshooting slow speed:

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Troubleshooting-a-Slow-Internet-Connection/m-p/11...

Keep us posted if it helps.

Cheers!

liliangel1975
Level 2

I've literally had to use my mobile data (not tpg of course) to load this page and post something. Yes, i've had these issues all the time. I' ve considered switching as well but we are unable to at this moment due to personal issues. My internet is unreliable and drop out alot. I legit had a 144p video buffer, thats right, you read it right. I have attached a screenshot of it. 

BasilDV

Hi @liliangel1975,

I checked your account and seen that you were able to speak with one of our Tech team last 8th of November and the issue about the slow and internet drop outs was escalated to our Engineering team.

Based on the investigation, you were over utilizing the upload of your NBN plan which is up to 1 Mbps only. This causes the drop outs and slow internet speed. Usage report was sent via email by your assigned engineer last 10th of November.

You can upgrade your NBN to our Boost plan which gives you a speed of between 5 Mbps and 25 Mbps for Download and up to 5 Mbps for Upload.

Cheers!