TPG Community

Get online support

Slow internet speed 5G

jtsang888
Level 2

After being provided a new Sagemcom modem to resolve the slow speeds using the Nokia modem 2 years ago (when I initially signed up) the internet worked fine and I was getting around 70 mbps consistently. I went away for December 2023 and came back to an internet download speed of 0.5 - 15 Mbps (higher during night time, still not acceptable for 5G).

I've moved the modem to multiple locations (eg. next to a window, away from sunlight, etc.) and spoken to tech support on phone, as well as the "engineer" who just asked for the same details I gave to tech support and said they'll call back but didn't.

The Sagemcom modem lights go from full green to 3 yellow/orange lights intermittently. It's been at least 5 days of slow internet speed. Like many people, I need the internet for work. 

https://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/eff5e3b0-b0c1-11ee-8a82-b170a1c7e98b

4 REPLIES 4
jtsang888
Level 2

Update:

I have received a call back after I followed up on the issue and was told that there were no issues in the network. The person said this was the "best" that TPG can offer for and recommended switching to an NBN plan and arranged a call back from the sales team.

Absolutely pathetic outcome after all the time I spent patiently working with TPG, listening to hold music and waiting for call backs. Would not recommend TPG to anyone.

Anyway, I have requested to refer to it to Complaints. 

Ahra_G

Hi @jtsang888,

We're keen and here to help out! Please send us a private message and we'll go from there. 

-Ahra_G

jtsang888
Level 2

UPDATE: I have requested to cancel the service.

Side note: For anyone considering to cancel, they usually direct debit 1 week prior to the end of the billing cycle. Contact your bank to cancel the direct debit before that date or you might pay for another month. Whether they will refund you is up to TPG.

BasilDV

We regret to read that you've decided to terminate the service, @jtsang888 

Let us know if you need further assistance.