TPG Community

Get online support

Slow speeds after neighbor finished renovations

david64
Level 15

@Pinkyoshi . You should isolate where the random packet loss occurs in the tracert.

Run 300 pings to the address in the second hop:     ping -n 300 10......

I think this is a TPG address on other side of NBN network.

Should that happen to be 0% loss, then repeat pings to the 3rd address. And so on.

You can use -l   (lower case L) parameter to specify data length in ping to load the network.

BTW, I get 5ms response to the second address in my tracert (NBN25).

I still don't understand how your router reports VDSL2 stats on a fibre connection. The router doesn't see any fibre characteristics. It can be aware of CRC and FEC events. The only SNR and Power levels come from the electronics handling the ethernet cable to FTTP NCD.

What model router is it?

Pinkyoshi
Level 2

i mistyped it, getting late. its fttB, not P

david64
Level 15

@Pinkyoshi . There is something to be checked in the either the NBN FTTB or TPG FTTB equipment in the comms room. Bad jumpering of your phone line maybe. Or crosstalk between lines.

Has the bad performance occurred since your neighbour's renovation?

Do you know if they are getting bad performance as well?

Ahra_G

Hi @Pinkyoshi, please confirm if you still require assistance. We've seen your post here and advised that the issue is now resolved. We're just a private message away. Thanks! 

Pinkyoshi
Level 2

no the issue isnt fixed. can you elevate it please? 

Pinkyoshi
Level 2

That was a different issue from 2 years ago, i thought id say how that got fixed. this is a different issue. 

Ahra_G

I see. Send us a private message and we'll go from there, @Pinkyoshi

Pinkyoshi
Level 2

no idea who or what did what, but last night around 9pm, after 20 or so line drop outs and re-syncs, my internet shot back up to normal speed

fast.com speedtest 

Your Internet speed is
82 Mbps

tpg speedtest

tpg.speedtestcustom.com

DOWNLOAD

84.0 Mbps

Seems somebody came out and did something or it was fixed as part of maintanance or something, but after a month of crappy speeds, it seems its all back normal, fingers crossed. 

Aubrey

@Pinkyoshi We're glad that your speeds are back to normal. How about the packet losses?