TPG Community

Get online support

Slow speeds and dropouts ticket #8329287

SOLVED Go to solution
tashspring68
Level 3

Hi there. 

During the last month I've been in contact with TPG regarding repeated incidents of slow speeds and/or dropouts. After a while, I was provided with support ticket #8329287, and was told the issue would be monitored.

I did recieve several calls regarding the ticket, but unfortunately I was working and could not answer or call back. I did reply to texts I recieved, but got no response, so I emailed an address provided in one of the texts, but got no reply.

Presently the problem is that once or more per day I'm getting slow speeds of 1-3Mbp, and this is usually accommpanied by a dropout. This usually happens betweet 4pm and 10pm.

Can I please get an update regarding my ticket?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shane

Hi @tashspring68,

Our Engineering Team tried to contact you about the case progress unfortunately no avail. At the moment your service is connected for 4d 19h 2m.

Please let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Riezl

Hi @tashspring68,

We can see that the issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team for further investigation.

The case engineer tried to contact you, but to no avail. Nonetheless, we received your contact details via SMS.

We will make a follow up with the Team and have the case engineer contact you tomorrow between 11am and 3pm to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you require any asisstance, feel free to drop us a message. Thank you.

tashspring68
Level 3
Is there any update?
BasilDV

Good day @tashspring68,

I reviewed the account and seen that the investigation ticket by our Engineering team has been closed.

The TPG technician who visited the site was able to fix the connection issue that you were experiencing. We can now detect a stable internet service and a good sync speed with 20095 Kbps Downstream and 1020 Kbps Upstream.

Is it still dropping at your end or giving you slow connection?

Regards,

tashspring68
Level 3

BasilDV, I am extremely disappointed and unhappy to hear that the ticket has been closed.

When the tech visited, he disconnected a cable that he thought might be causing the problem. Unfortunately the problem has remained unchanged. He said that the data he collected would be analysed, and that I would get a response after this had happened.

I have recieved no response, the problem is not fixed, and now I find out the ticket is closed. Right now, as I type this, I am having drop outs and speeds of only 1MBPS periodically. I can't work, or watch Netflix.

This is extrmely unsatisfactory. When will the ticket be reopened, and when will I recieve a response as to what is going to be done about our connection?

tashspring68
Level 3

I was going to give you speed test results, but I can't even get the test to work, because the connection isn't good enough. 

Mae_B

Hi @tashspring68,

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please let us know your most convenient time to receive a call tomorrow from our Engineering team so we may arrange a call for you.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @tashspring68,

Our Engineering Team tried to contact you about the case progress unfortunately no avail. At the moment your service is connected for 4d 19h 2m.

Please let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

tashspring68
Level 3
Hi Shane,

When exactly did they try to contact me? I've just checked and I have not had any missed calls.

I believe the problem may have been resolved by Erin. She asked me to change some settings in Windows Updates, and since then we haven't had any problems.
Riezl

Hi @tashspring68, thanks for getting back to us.

As per checking, the case engineer has been in touch on 05/April/18 and was able to confirm that the service is properly working. Another callback attempt has been made on the same day, but to no avail.

The connection is stable for more than 5 days now and we are glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

Should you need any assistance, feel free to drop us a message. Cheers!