TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload speed and uploading stops downloading

SOLVED Go to solution
clarkra
Level 2

I have tried to Chat with Tech Support for the last week and the page is always down, no field or info to enter into a chat.

I have phoned 9850 0800 and 131423, always engaged over 50 min on hold so far today.

Issue:

My upload speed is only 0.5 and is very slow to upload and whenever I upload the download slows down and then stops.

Could you please call me on (number on my account) or email any instructions if I need to amend something.

Thank You

Kind Regards, Keep Safe

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

clarkra
Level 2

Clarkra

Tel as per my account

This is not resolved yet, I accidently tciked "accept as solution" and cannot undo.

I just want some help.

one and 1/2 hours on the phone and still nobody answered.

TPG used to be customer focused, I am so disappointed.

Thanks Ray

JayeshP9

Hi clarkra,

I have noted that your plan is 12/1 Mbps so in your case upload speed is only 1 Mbps so if any of your device trying to upload data that straight away slowing your network so i suggest better to tyry only one device for testing of speed test.

see below link for troubleshooting.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Troubleshooting-a-Slow-Internet-Connection/ba-p/11...

If still experiance slow connection then go  for hard reset of router and then reconfigure it. I believe you are using  Netcomm NF12 router.

see below  link and steps for manuel configuration of nf12 router.

1. Open your browser and in the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
2. Enter admin for both the username and password and click Login. If you have changed the login credentials, please enter the current username and password for your modem interface.

3. Click on Basic Setup on the left side of the screen. The wizard assists you in configuring the router
4. Enter your TPG Username (User ID) and Password. Click Next.
The Enable Wireless option is selected by default.
Default Settings:

SSID: TPGXXXXXX
Network Authentication: WPA2-PSK
WPA/WAPI passphrase: a1b2c3d4e5
WPA Group Rekey Interval:0
WPA/WAPI Encryption: AES

You can change your wireless password under WPA/WAPI passphrase   Click Next.

IF you want then you can upgrade plan as well from 12/1 Mbps   to 50/20 Mbps

regards

JayeshP9.

JayeshP9

Don't Worry Clarkra,

I have noticed that you has acciedentlly accepted as solution.

Regards

JayeshP9.

clarkra
Level 2

Hi JayeshP9.,

Thank You for the info but that does explain when at a upload speed of 0.6 it slows my download to the point it eventually stops.

I can accept a slow upload but not when it cancels my download if that makes sense.

I will review the plan and see if I am getting value for money.

Thank you for your prompt assistance, keep safe.

Ray

JayeshP9

Hi Clarkra,

I suspect below possible reason for slow connection

1. could be any application which upload background.
  2. another could router so that's reason i suggest for hard reset because most of times that can fix issue. If you want then i can arrange another free router in exchange of contract.
  3. another could be wireless connectivity which can also fix by hard reset of router 

Regards

JayeshP9.

clarkra
Level 2

Hi JayeshP9,

What is the upload speed on the NBN12 plan. I cannot see the upload speeds on the plans only download speeds.

Has my current plan be supersueded?

I have had this issue for a longtime and reset the modem many times with no improvement. downloads always stop when uploading, even after modem resets.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your assistance

Ray

JayeshP9

Hi clarkra,

NBN12 plan has  12 Mbps for download and 1 Mbps for upload speed.

Once you change your plan it will supersede your old plan. you can upgrade your plan via MY TPG application from moible phone which is available from applestore(iphone user) and playstore( android user)

In your case your modem is old  could be that might creating problem so if you want then i can arrange new FTTP AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - Archer C1200 in exchange of contract and $10 Shipping fees for it. 

regards

JayeshP9.

clarkra
Level 2

Hi JayeshP9,

Good morning,

I do not want an increase to my monthly bill and I see that NB50 does not include calls.

When I search for the fees for "Pay as you Go" there are no results.

I also am disappointed with TPG service delivery, the chats is not live or working and is not user friendly and nobody answers the phones anymore. TPG always provided very good customer delivery in the past.

JayeshP9 your customer service has been exellent and my comments are not a reflection on your customer service.

I will do a review of ISP before I make a final decision.

Kind regards and Keep safe

Ray