TPG Community

Get online support

Slow upload speed for 48Mbps plan

alexmcrostie
Level 2

Hi,

Throughout my time with TPG i've had two different plans and both have given me an upload speed of lower than 1mbp/s, I currently am on the 48Mbps plan and have zero issues with download speed and it is only with the upload when my maximum uplaod speed is 32Mbps. Is there a possible way to increase it as it takes hours to upload small files.

Kind regards, Alex 

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @alexmcrostie

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but it shows that the modem/router is getting a good connection speed with 59Mbps Downstream and 22 Mbps Upstream.

You may check it as well. Check this article for the guide: How to check the connection speed on your NBN FTTN/FTTB service

You may check the Bandwidth control of your modem/router. 

Check this: https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/557/?utm_medium=select-local

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

alexmcrostie
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV,

I have tried doing all the troubleshooting options and it has improved my download speed but my upload speed still remains at below 1mbps

Ahra_G

Hi @alexmcrostie

Have you perhaps tried checking which device/app is utilising most of the upload speed specially when multiple devices are connected simultaneously? 

Nonetheless, I have organised a call back to be made tomorrow, 12 August 2021 between 1-5PM AEST from our Technical team for further assistance. 

Should you have a preferred time for the call, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards,

Ahra_G