TPG Community

Get online support

Something is not right w/ my TPG NBN

Shane

Hi @ilap,

Thanks for sending me your details. I will arrange a call from one of our Technicians today.

Smiley Happy

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @ilap,

I can see that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians and this issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team.

Any updates on this case will be provided by our Engineering Team via SMS or phone call.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Smiley Happy

Cheers!

ilap
Level 2

Server: 192.168.1.1

Hi,

The Eng has contacted me and tried to convenience me that the issue is w/ my plan the 10MB/s download and 1MB/s upload Unlimited NBN plan.

I told her that the 1MB/s upload is more than enough as I do not upload anything and just the acknowledge packets are sent, which are peaking at max 20-30KB/sec.

Anyway, she told that if I reach the 1MB/s upload limit, then o any new connection would be initiated which can cause the issue. 

I told, it can the case only if my one or some of my devices are uploading something without my knowledge, so I told her that I will check. In addition, I wanted to upgrade my plan anyway, so I upgraded it to the 50MB/s NBN Plan today afternoon which was applied before I came home (I have tested the speed on the new bandwidth).

But, this has not fixed the issue, and when I was testing the DNS query when I got home, it took 6secs to respond and my only device whihc was connected to the Internet used only 215 Bytes/secs bandwidth on the newly applied 50MB NBN plan.

So the issue still exists, therefore pls forward it to the Engineer. I would say that some TCP and/or UDP packets are lost on the way. The issue can be the router, or the noisy cabling or anything. So, that would be nice if I could have a used another brand of NBN router for testing, just to be sure that the issue is not w/ the modem.

Or a technician could come onsite w/ some tools to test noise on the wire that goes down to Main Distribution Room.

$ time nslookup 8.8.8.8

Address: 192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
8.8.8.8.in-addr.arpa name = google-public-dns-a.google.com.

Authoritative answers can be found from:

real 0m6.047s
user 0m0.003s
sys 0m0.005s
192-168-1-101:~ ilap$