Speed test

tps1212
Level 4

Your site http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/ always gives highest speed typically double to any other speed test server. BTW I am on 100mbps plan. 

So my question is if I use other servers for speed test. Do each server has a limit to what speed it can test up to? Can you recomend other servers for speed comaprision that can test 100mbps speeds?

8 REPLIES 8
BasilDV

Good day @tps1212,

Aside from our own speed test site, we normally use www.speedtest.net and www.ozspeedtest.com to check internet speeds.

Kind regards,

Zadraj
Level 2

When I use either WIFI or DIrect connect to the TPG Speed site it shows almost 40Mbps. If I then use the Oz one it only shows 4Mbps. So why the difference. It is not the direct connection but the access from the TPG core to the rest of the world that means it is no better than having ADSL rather than NBN

BasilDV

Hi @Zadraj,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We don't have any control on what server will the speed test app or website will use.

We are more concern with your experience as the numbers are nothing if the actual service is running slow. Is there any issues with your service that you want to raise?

Kind regards,

BasilDV

bastholm
Level 2

You're not really answering the OP's question. I too have just signed up. Yesterday I was getting speeds around the 40 Mbps mark download with various speed tests and tonight I am getting around 4-10 Mbps with those same sites but 40 from yours (http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com). This "smells" like a scam.

This is what you asked:

"We are more concern with your experience as the numbers are nothing if the actual service is running slow. Is there any issues with your service that you want to raise?"

I think it is pretty obvious that the OP has an issue with their speed and also with the fact that your site is [most likely] fraudently "advertising" a speed that they are not getting. You can't really do much with speeds of 4-10. I was getting 14.5 on ADSL last week and tonight a third of that, and on a NBN50 plan.

Please, just answer the question and leave the PR to the sales dept.

Thanks.

Will

Hi @bastholm,

Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for raising this with us. We'll check the discrepancy of the results of our speedtest site with the others internally. That being said, we'd like to assist you with the sudden drop on your connection speed.

To have a better understanding on how we can address your concern, can you provide us the following:

• Screenshots of your speedtest results
  • Are you using WIFI connection only or do you have a computer connected hardwired to the modem?
  • Is there a difference on the speedtest between WIFI connection and hardwired?
  • If your connection is purely WIFI, which frequency are you connected to (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? Is there a difference if you connect to the other frequency?

Regards,

jaydas
Level 2

What is this? Is this the speed we are looking on Saturday morning? Can you fix this asap.

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/9957df20-d908-11ea-be51-9be909bd31d3

BasilDV

Hi @jaydas

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and it appears that you are under the NBN12/1 speed tier.

With this speed plan, the test that you've shared is within specification.

If you are looking for more speed, then you may upgrade your plan to the next speed tier which is NBN50 plan.

Here's an article that will guide you on how to upgrade your plan online. (How to Change NBN Plan Online via TPG My Account)

BasilDV