Superfast plan offer

SOLVED Go to solution
Jchng129
Level 3

Hi TPG,

My complimentary NBN 100 plan is ending soon and I received an offer to take up the 200mb Superfast plan which I accepted and got the email my plan have changed to that.

I have power recycled my modem (TPLink C1200) but have found the speed to be capped at around 30-40mbps. My plan was changed a few days ago.

Can you please investigate as to why this is so, and is there something I need to do to obtain the potential of the new plan's speed?

Many thanks,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Jchng129

We can confirm that the upgrade has been applied to your account.

Have you tried testing the speed via Wired or LAN connection?

Also, did you use the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

BasilDV

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @Jchng129 ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I've managed to run remote test on your connection and have detected that no line issue that could affect speed issues.

It's possible that the trouble you may be having could be WIFI-related (signal interference, distance, weak signal) if you're using a WIFI connection only. 

We recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

Let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

@Jchng129 wrote:

Hi TPG,

My complimentary NBN 100 plan is ending soon and I received an offer to take up the 200mb Superfast plan which I accepted and got the email my plan have changed to that.

I have power recycled my modem (TPLink C1200) but have found the speed to be capped at around 30-40mbps. My plan was changed a few days ago.

Can you please investigate as to why this is so, and is there something I need to do to obtain the potential of the new plan's speed?

Many thanks,

Ben

Jchng129
Level 3
Hi Shane,

I have ran the TPG speed test right next to my router and NBN Box, resulting only in 30mbps. This is on full strength wifi signal. More importantly, I was able to achieve at least 60mbps when I was on TPG NBN100 plan last week, with the same number of devices and location as now.

This drop in speed during this period have had no environmental changes on my end except the account changing over to TPG Home Superfast NBN200 plan from the NBN50 plan.

I understand your remote test detected no line issue, but can you please confirm my account is indeed “switched on” for the NBN200 plan, and not still remained on the NBN50 in your system?

Thanks,
Ben

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/result/18c38300-107f-11ec-85d9-436df29c958d
Jchng129
Level 3
Hi Shane,

Looking at others with similar issues, can you also check with your provisioning team my account have been properly provisioned to the Superfast 200NBN plan?

Cheers,
Ben
BasilDV

Hi @Jchng129

We can confirm that the upgrade has been applied to your account.

Have you tried testing the speed via Wired or LAN connection?

Also, did you use the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

BasilDV

Jchng129
Level 3
Hi BasilDV,

I have just tried speed test on 5G instead and got the speed I was after. Not sure why 2.4G is capped at 30-40mbps when it didn’t before, but for now, I’m happy with using the 5G frequency.

Many thanks for your help.!
Ben
mahiepala
Level 2
Hi experiencing the same issue.

- The free trial ended two weeks before it was due to expire 9/9.
- Got the offer to upgrade which I went ahead with to Superfast plan. After several calls upgrade eventually happened 6 days later - not the initial advertised one day turnaround.
- Now experiencing issues with 2.4Ghz where speeds are capped around 30 Mbps. Previously on NBN 50 plan on the 2.4 Ghz got at least 45 Mbps
- During the free trial I was hitting 248 Mbps on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz without issues. Now I can only get those speeds on the 5 Ghz frequency.

Pretty poor overall.
Shane

Hi @mahiepala,

Thanks for raising this to us.

I would love to help and get to the bottom of this, to better understand the cause of speed issue. Drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi experiencing the same issue.

- The free trial ended two weeks before it was due to expire 9/9.
- Got the offer to upgrade which I went ahead with to Superfast plan. After several calls upgrade eventually happened 6 days later - not the initial advertised one day turnaround.
- Now experiencing issues with 2.4Ghz where speeds are capped around 30 Mbps. Previously on NBN 50 plan on the 2.4 Ghz got at least 45 Mbps
- During the free trial I was hitting 248 Mbps on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz without issues. Now I can only get those speeds on the 5 Ghz frequency.

Pretty poor overall.
Kenziekk
Level 2

Spent a considerable amount of time with the CS Team outlining a similar issue.

Did receive the promotional booster which was fantastic and then as soon as I signed up for superfast, speeds of 90MBps.

Further to add all my account information has disappeared invoicing, plan information etc.

Kindly resolve issue

tpg network speed.png

Shane

Hi @Kenziekk,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, please confirm if you have tried to perform the troubleshooting steps given from the article that posted on this thread. 

If the issue still persists, drop me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Spent a considerable amount of time with the CS Team outlining a similar issue.

Did receive the promotional booster which was fantastic and then as soon as I signed up for superfast, speeds of 90MBps.

Further to add all my account information has disappeared invoicing, plan information etc.

Kindly resolve issue

tpg network speed.png