TPG Community

Get online support

Sync/speed/packet loss

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @treffo,

We've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Engineers and provided the fault update. We'll keep an eye on this, rest assured updates will be provided by the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

treffo
Level 4
Hello you amazing support team, techs, pretty much everyone from TPG have been so tremendously patient and helpful. As discovered months ago and denied by Nbn over multiple faults lodged, the last tech noted the issue was at the node.
I have many unpleasant thoughts toward Nbn.co however TPG are so ** good. Thank you all again.
alakev
Level 2

Hi Treffo 

How did you sort the issue i am having the identical issues good for a while and then very flaky. I have worked out its when i start streaming or gaming it crashes. I am starting to think it is TPG shaping our speeds.

Shane

Hi @alakev,

Welcome to the community!

The sync speed issue raised on this thread is caused by the fault found on the pillar which has been fixed by an NBN Technician.

• What Online Game do you stream?
  • How long you've been streaming this game?
  • Is this the first time you encounter this issue?

If your Games Crashes during Streaming; it is nothing to do with your internet connection's performance, hence the capability of the computer to stream or to handle the load of software being used during streaming.

If you're having issues with the internet it should affect the quality of your streaming and the latency of the Online Game itself.

Can you post a screen shot of the error message (when the game crashed)  together with the latency of the online game for additional reference?

I will wait for your response.

Cheers!

alakev
Level 2

my son plays XBox fortnite, NBA 2k, Minecraft and a few driving games we als watch NBA League pass

alakev
Level 2

Overall the internet is very up and down worse than my adsl 2. i am using a powerline extender which should be more stable but after about 20minutes of watching a show it buffers and my powerline light goes red which indicates the internet speed has dropped below 6mbs. then it buffers like a timer around 30sec on and off

alakev
Level 2

Overall the internet is very up and down worse than my adsl 2.

I am using a powerline extender which should be more stable but after about 20 minutes of watching a show it buffers and my powerline light goes red which indicates the internet speed has dropped below 6mbs. then it buffers like a timer around 30sec on and off.

Shane

Hi @alakev,

Thanks for the additional details. For us to identify what speed you're getting on your connection is it possible for you to run a speed test using a desktop/laptop connected via LAN/Ethernet Cable?

I assume all your device(s) is connected via Wi-Fi / Wireless Connection. We did an article on how to improve your wireless connection available here.

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

I will wait for your response, let me know how it will go.

alakev
Level 2
I am using a powerline extender
Shane

Hi @alakev,

We do not have reference about your 3rd party Wireless/Wi-Fi Extender. As mentioned above, you try to follow the basic troubleshooting on how to improve your wireless connection.

Note: This may not be applicable to your 3rd party Wireless/Wi-Fi Extender. You may need to contact the manufacturer's support.

Let me know should you require further assistance.