TPG Community

Get online support

Sync/speed/packet loss

SOLVED Go to solution
Riezl

Hi @treffo, thanks for letting us know.

Our system has recorded multiple connection drop outs and we'd like to check if there's a line fault causing the issue.

We have re-escalated this to our Engineering Team and the case engineer will contact you within 24 hours for updates.

treffo
Level 4

hi again, unsure if these will help, seems this morning the connection is very unstable and not able to maintain any constant speeds

logs are here https://pastebin.com/N6qE9SMe

Ahra_G

Thanks for passing on additional info, 

Based on the lodged fault, it appears that an Engineer has been in touch and has advised you that the issue has now been lodged to NBN™ Co. They will be in touch as soon as an update becomes available. 

Feel free to let us know should you have further queries. 

Thank you. 

Joseph_D

Hi @treffo,

We can see that you are currently using the TPG modem and the connection is stable for more than 4 hours.

Our technical team is investigating the case together with NBN. Please continue using our equipment and observe the connection.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. Our technical escalations team will contact you directly to provide updates.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

treffo
Level 4

Hi guys, the connection appears to have not dropped for 36 hours but during that time there have been multiple instances where connection to game servers, live streams and netflix/youtube/prime/catchup are interrupted for 5-30 seconds. This is happening across all devices and multiple destinations. Each time we have had the drop I have checked the router managment page and sure enough it's still connected but 3 or 4 of us here had the same issue at the same time.

Cheers

Jason

BasilDV

Hi @treffo,

Thank you for the update.

Currently our Engineering team is still waiting for the update from the NBN Co in regards to the incident report that was raised with them.

We'll chase this up with our Engineering team and have someone to contact you within the day for an update.

Kind regards,

treffo
Level 4

excellent, thank you, like clockwork, I say "hey, this is pretty good, 24-48 hour connection" it crashes out and connects/disconnects which it started 30 minutes or so ago.

BasilDV

You are welcome @treffo.

Please wait for an update within the day.

Regards,

BasilDV

Hi @treffo,

I understand that our Engineering team has been in touch and was informed that the resolution of the NBN Co was declined. They'll continue applying pressure to NBN Co for them to send a technician to help us rectified the problem.

Further updates will be given by them.

Kind regards,

treffo
Level 4

Hi again, I received the replacement modem this morning, I have had it online since 9am WA. It has had similar hiccups as the original modem, then a few moments ago it dropped all together and the disconnection, status messages and reconnection were all the same as the original modem. I have saved the log file again, not sure if it will help, a screenshot below of the drop out.

You guys are great, you have been and continue to be incredibly supportive while troubleshooting this and from what I have heard, troubleshooting on the NBN is a nightmare.

Thanks again