TPG Community

Get online support

TP-Link AC1600v - 2.4Ghz goes down intermitenty

Level 3

Hi, 

The 2.4Ghz band width of my TP-Link AC1600v modem router is goes down frequently. The current modem router is the replacement I received when the old Huawei modem had the same issue.

Can I please get this looked at and fixed.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @4377175

What troubleshooting have you tried so far? It is possible that signal interference is causing this.

We've created some articles that will guide you on how to improve your home WiFi network.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Level 3

Hi,

I tried rebooting and trying from other devices as well. Didn't do the factory reset though. It works fine for a while and goes down all of a sudden.

The modem has been sitting at the same place since it was first installed an year ago, when I first received it. Nothing that would interfere or block the signal has been placed in front or near it. It has been working fine until a few of weeks ago.

Sometimes the 5Ghz band with goes down as well. During those instances I noticed it getting very hot and have to leave it turned off for a while to cold down.

BasilDV

Hi @4377175

Aside from rebooting the device, have you tried to change the WiFi/Wireless channel on your network?

What channels have you tried so far? 

If the issue persists, please perform a factory reset.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

Level 3

Hi,

I changed the channel of 2.4Ghz to a different one. So far it's been stable but have to monitor as I have not been working from home since then. I'll monitor and update.

BasilDV

This is noted @4377175.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Level 3

Hi

Issue is there even after changing the channel. 2.4 bandwith is still unstable after extended use (Chromecast uses 2,4Ghz, casting Netflix via ipad on 5Ghz or laptop on 2.4Ghz) Moden becomes very hot and takes down the whole wifi network. But Rebooting works almost all the time though.

Did a factory reset today. Changed the SSIDs. Eg: from Xxxx2.4 to XXXX24.

Will monitor and update.

Cheers.

PS: This issue started after almost an year of use without any issues and nothing was changed interms of where the modem is placed and having any obstructions.