TPG Community

Get online support

TPG - ACT Mawson_ Can't access all website except google and yahoo

ckmaws
Level 2

Hi , 

I needed help on fixing my internet , wifi showing internet connection, I able to access google and yahoo only, but not any other website. My phone able to use facebook app but not thru the browser. 

I tried some internet proposed solution

• Select the radial option for ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’

But it doesn't resolve the issue, please help 

below is the message i see

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @ckmaws 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but can't detect any fault.

Aside from using your mobile phone, have you tried to access any website using another device (Laptop, other mobile phone, etc.)?

If your phone is the only device that can't access another website, what are the troubleshooting that you've done so far? Have you tried to turn off and on the handset and the WiFi of it? Have you tried to access any website using your Mobile data?

You may also refer to the troubleshooting that we've created in this article.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

niccarbel
Level 2

Hey, actually in the same area, with the same problem. Has been happening for a couple days.

Basically, on all my devices (XBox, mobile, MacBook and desktop computer) when connected to WiFi, the only sites I have so far been able to access are Google, and Reddit. I had to use my mobile as a hotspot to connect my MacBook to post this, for example.

The TP Link page for the Archer router (supplied and configured by TPG) is saying everything is connected. All cables are plugged into the right spots, and I have rebooted, reconnected and reset the router multiple times, but still having the same issue. In between it got worse and came up with errors saying "PPP connection failed. Please contact your Internet Service Provider to confirm if your line is in good condition. IF the problem persists please contact Tp-link technical support for further help."

EDIT: I have tried doing everything in the troubleshooting article. Did not work.

BasilDV

Hi @niccarbel

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any fault within the network.

We'll arrange a call from our Tech team tomorrow between 10AM - 12NN to run further tests in order to resolve this issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV

niccarbel
Level 2

Thanks for the response.

I will be at work those hours, so won't be able to be of much help. However, woke up this morning and, after a couple days of the same issue, everything seemed to have fixed itself in between posting and now. Funny that.

Riezl

Hi @niccarbel, we'll advise our Technical Team. Please continue to monitor the connection and we'll see how it goes. If the issue persists, please let us know.

RD-Ted
Level 2
I am having the exact same problem in Gordon ACT.
Can access google sites, but nothing else. Same devices and browsers work fine when using mobile phone data.
Riezl

Hi @RD-Ted, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community