TPG Community

Get online support

TPG FTTB Gigabit trial?

HardBoiled
Level 2

I read a current TPG FTTB customer had a phone call from TPG earlier this week asking if they would like to participate in a TPG FTTB Gigabit trial and that TPG are coming around the following week to do an installation for it. The customer said they were in Brisbane CBD if that matters.

Is it possible theres any truth to this? Any word in general of future infrastructure upgrades to TPG's own FTTB network?

7 REPLIES 7
BasilDV

Hi @HardBoiled

Thanks for raising this with us.

May we know the source of it?

We do not have any information in regards to the upgrade in our FTTB infrastructure.

BasilDV

HardBoiled
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

The source was a recent post by mojojojo in the TPG subforum on the Whirlpool forums, the poster seems sure it was for TPG's FTTB network and not NBN.

HardBoiled
Level 2

Bump, theres now more people saying TPG have phoned them asking if they want to particpate in a 1Gbps TPG FTTB (non-nbn) trial in their building.

BasilDV

Hi @HardBoiled

If it's the same TPG FTTB service, then there's no need for an installation as it can be applied remotely.

Our Gigabit service is available only under the NBN service. Mainly FTTP and HFC technology.

Once we can provide a Gigabit connection via TPG FTTB, it will be posted on our website.

BasilDV

ryanmorgan1986
Level 2

TPG reached out to me today to be apart of the 1Gbps FTTB trial also. Fingers crossed for some decent speeds!

HardBoiled
Level 2

Do you know which department of TPG is contacing you @ryanmorgan1986 about this? I would very much like to try find out more as I am also a current TPG FTTB user.

Also without asking for too much information what city are you based in @ryanmorgan1986 ?

ryanmorgan1986
Level 2

TPG Tech Support contacted me via phone. I will provide feedback to the Community when I am successfully connected with a faster connection.

Im also based in Brisbane, QLD.