TPG Community

Get online support

TPG Mail Server Security Certificate Warning

SOLVED Go to solution
Dons2000
Level 3

I'm getting a pop up error message when I open Outlook (Office 2016) to view my TPG emails. This started today.

The pop up warning states; "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect.". When you view the security certificate, it indicates it is issued to "mail.wondercom.com.au" , not TPG, and expired 7/05/2017.

According to web searches, "Wondercom" appears to be some kind of old subsidiary business of TPG.

If that is the case, why is TPG all of a sudden today, using a subsidiary business' expired security certificate on TPG's mail server????

This needs to get fixed now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dons2000
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G ,

It looks like it is all working ok now.

Thanks & regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Dons2000

The email issue was raised to our System Administrators and have confirmed that everything should be working properly now. 

Should this not be the case, please don't hesitate to send us a private message in order for us to assist accordingly. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Dons2000
Level 3

Hi @Ahra_G ,

It looks like it is all working ok now.

Thanks & regards

Ahra_G

You're welcome, @Dons2000.

Should you require further assistance, you may reach out to us again or you may check out our self-help options located here: http://tpg.com.au/support

To help manage your TPG services on the go, you may download our TPG Mobile App on this link: tpg.com.au/services/tpg-app

Cheers! 

CarolJudah
Level 2

@Dons2000 wrote:

I'm getting a pop up error message when I open Outlook (Office 2016) to view my TPG emails. This started today.

The pop up warning states; "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect.". When you view the security certificate, it indicates it is issued to "mail.wondercom.com.au" , not TPG, and expired 7/05/2017.

According to web searches, "Wondercom" appears to be some kind of old subsidiary business of TPG.

visit official website

If that is the case, why is TPG all of a sudden today, using a subsidiary business' expired security certificate on TPG's mail server????

This needs to get fixed now. 

mail certificate message.jpg ‏110 KB  by the moderator has SSL turned off which I think means that mail is sent and received in clear text.