TPG Community

Get online support

TPG NBN FTTN Frequent Connection Drop-Outs ...

Locd
Level 3

Hi,

We had been happy with speed & stabillity on our NBN FTTN connection since signed up with TPG (Sep 2018). However, recently in the last few weeks we are getting dropouts very frequently throughout the day/night (not just peak-hours).

Is there anyone having the same problem?

Note, We are still using the modem provided by TPG.

23 REPLIES 23
Ahra_G

Hi @Locd

Welcome to the Community! 

We're also unhappy to learn that you are experiencing issues with the service. We're definitely here to help!

I've located your account and ran remote tests which showed some drop outs on the connection. We are yet to determine what's causing them as of yet and needs further investigation.

Have you perhaps tried doing any basic troubleshooting on your end? Like rebooting or resetting your modem? If not, we will need to perform troubleshooting along with you to check for any underlying issues. Kindly let us know of your best contact time & number via private message so we can organise a call back to be made from our Technical team. 

Thanks! 

Locd
Level 3

Hi Ahra

Thank you for your response.

Yes, We have been rebooting (turn Off/On) the modem every time drop-out occurs but does not seem to improve at all. 

Ahra_G

I see. I'll organise a contact to be made from our Technical Team for further assistance. Can I please have your best contact time & number via private message

Thanks! 

Locd
Level 3

Hi,

Contact details sent as requested.

Thanks.

Locd
Level 3

Hi Ahra,

Tech called and asked to reset modem. Service is to be monitored and adviced in the next 24 hrs.

I have just done a speed test and found the max download speed is only 28Mbps. Should it be about typical speed of ~40Mbps for NBN50?

Can you advise tech to look into the issue with speed as well please? Thanks

Ahra_G

That's definitely noted, Locd

I've seen that the issue has now been escalated to our Engineering Team for further testing and investigation. Their team will be in touch via SMS or phone call to provide further updates. 

eoxsoft
Level 2

Same here, no stable connection since the rains started

Erika

Hi @eoxsoft

Welcome to the Community! 

I've located your account using your Community details and has conducted remote tests on the line. 

Currently, we're seeing the connection does drop but the test results does not show an issue with the physical line. 

I've now made changed on the line to improve your connection. 

But I would still recommend to have one of our technicians reach you as there are other factors that would affect your service that we need to consider. 

Please let us know your best contact time and number via Private Message and we'll arrange this call for you. 

For your reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards, 

Locd
Level 3

Ahra,

I have noticed the max download speed has dropped to under 17Mbps in the last 48 hours, even during daytime. What happened?