TPG Community

Get online support

TPG & The Messaging Company

Graham999
Level 3

Good morning. Re. Email transfer to The Messaging Company: On Sep 4 I 'transferred' my email over to The Messaging Company, as required by TPG if I was to keep my current email address. I received a message from TMC to say that I was registered and did not have to do anything further, as everything would be migrated in October. This morning it appears that my email address is in limbo, nothing! I've tried messaging from several different computers, so my set-up is not at fault here. Can someone enlighten me as to how I may get my connection back. The internet connection is operating OK, so no problem there. Has TP

6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @Graham999 

Are you using an email client or the webmail?

Please send us a private message with your account details for further checking.

BasilDV

Graham999
Level 3

And now I notice that my Post Office at TPG is blocked!!!

Graham999
Level 3

Hi, I'm not getting any satisfaction through this community re. previous msgs, or via private msgs, or by sending direct an email to TPG, so what is going on here? First up, I wish to stay with TPG Broadband, no sweat about that. But TPG is making it extremely difficult to stay, or do they really care? OK, so I registered with The Messaging Company a while back and received an email to say that was fine, no need to do anything further on my part, as it all would seamlessly change over. Not! I've been using an amazing first class email client for about 15 years through TPG, and that was sooooooo satisfactory. But now, the email client won't connect with this TPG/TMC setup, no matter what address I try to put into the POP 3 account. (Not that TPG has given any advice on that, have they!!!) Yet, I can do this quite simply with the host company that looks after my very serious blog, easy peasy, no problem. The only catch is, I will have to change my email address. But why should I? I wish to keep it, otherwise changing hundreds of connections is going to be one hell of a nuisance, least of all a time consuming process. Does TPG have a heart? I begin to wonder. It's not easy for those of us who ravishingly elderly, and who are on a limited cash budget each fortnight, but who cares? And like Ted the Northern Cat on video, you know me, I never complain. How about a fix, all the same? Because, if I quit TPG Broadband and go with my electricity supplier, it will mean a $10 to $15 reduction in my monthly payments. Very, very tempting. Fix it. 

BasilDV

Hi @Graham999 

We've responded to your private message, but did not receive any reply from you.

We are keen on resolving your email concern as soon as possible.

What email client are you using? Are you using the correct mail settings posted on our support page? (https://support.tpg.com.au/email-settings)

Are you not able to send and receive emails? Is it working using webmail/Post office?

BasilDV

Graham999
Level 3

Hi BasilDV

I did respond to your message TWICE but did it get lost? 

Re. the advice in support re. email settings, it just gives the same advice as it always did and suggests that the proper incoming and outgoing mail url is mail.tpg.com.au, which no longer works with the present configuration TMC. It certainly did until approx 10.00 a.m. at the TPG email outage which occurred the other day (which was restored during the arvo), but it doesn't work now - the answer is always 'server not found.'  My email client which has been working fine with TPG for the last ten years or so is Eudora, which has been upgraded 2022 by Hermes to fit with Windows 11 and all SSL certificates work fine. Everything lovely in the garden until that TPG email outage. It should be a straight forward solution, so why is it so complicated now? The changeover is not smooth as was promised. The changeover is a mess. Over to you, if you have a magic wand or such handy. I want to stay with TPG, and I wish (as promised) to keep my email address. Simple.   

BasilDV

Hi @Graham999 

We may need the help of our technicians to resolve this once and for all.

Please send us a private message with your contact details.

BasilDV