TPG Community

Get online support

TPG consistently cutting out when raining or windy

SOLVED Go to solution
marrow3
Level 3

For the past few months I've been experiencing drop outs in both lan and wifi every time it starts raining, finishes raining or heavy rain, as well as whenever there is strong wind.

I've called a few times already and keep getting run around in circles, almost had a technician come out but because it was not raining that day the connection was fine and technician appointment was cancelled.

Keep being told the issue will be escalated and nothings being done.

Clearly need someone from NBN to come out and check the connection as this is unbearable to deal with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marrow3
Level 3

Never been called by a tech,

You can keep running "initial tests" for 8 months and you'll end up with the same result..

Definitely have not been connected for almost a day now as there is constant disconnections during this rainy week. Not sure why I'm even bothering repeating the same words for the past 8 months.

Wasted way too much time.

Changed providers.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Shane

Hi @marrow3 ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service, we'd love to help and get to the bottom of this. We tried to use your community details to pull up the account but no matching records found. To better understand the situation, shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

Regards,

marrow3
Level 3

Issue still unresolved.

I've called a few times already and keep getting run around in circles, had three tickets open up for an NBN tech to come, and the ticket gets closed almost instantly when it stops raining as it indicates a working connection.

One time a technician actually came in, checked cables underneath the house, everything was fine, checked outside and did not have his equipment/cables to change the aerial cable outside and told us he would escalate and get someone else to come in later on.

Nobody has come, and this is unbearable to deal with when it's raining.

Clearly need someone from NBN to come out and properly fix the aerial.

Shane

Hi @marrow3,

I'm sad to know that you're having issue with the service. We can see that the fault affecting the connection is now under assessment by our Engineering Team, we will chase this with them and request urgent feedback when update becomes available. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Issue still unresolved.

I've called a few times already and keep getting run around in circles, had three tickets open up for an NBN tech to come, and the ticket gets closed almost instantly when it stops raining as it indicates a working connection.

One time a technician actually came in, checked cables underneath the house, everything was fine, checked outside and did not have his equipment/cables to change the aerial cable outside and told us he would escalate and get someone else to come in later on.

Nobody has come, and this is unbearable to deal with when it's raining.

Clearly need someone from NBN to come out and properly fix the aerial.

marrow3
Level 3

Raining season is back, and issue is still unresolved, consistent drop outs whenever it starts to rain, seriously nothing has been done for half a year.

Ahra_G

Hi @marrow3,

There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If the issue persists, let us know your most convenient time to receive a call so we can have our Technical team to contact and assist you with the connection issue.

Regards,

Ahra_G

marrow3
Level 3

No outages in the area.

Dropouts only occur when it is raining.

Not a Wi-Fi drop out as the modem/ethernet is also dropping out.

100% a Network dropout, most likely lines outside connected to the house.

There are numerous cases with the same problem and the fix so far has been to replace the cable outside.

Seriously need a technician to check if that's the case.

Riezl

Hi @marrow3, we have checked the status of your connection and it shows stable at the moment. May we know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

marrow3
Level 3

Have done all troubleshooting steps, internet literally just cut out as the rain started right now.

marrow3
Level 3

Just to reiterate, it's not a Wi-Fi issue, it's not slow speeds, it's intermittent connection drop outs whenever it rains outside, and has been an issue for months.