TPG Community

Get online support

TPG limiting the download speed.

halberti
Level 2

Althought it is possible to reach 36Mbps TPG is limmiting it to 12Mbps, is there any reason for it?

I know that I will not reach the 50Mbps that I'm paying for, but i was happy with the 36Mbps until TPG started to limmit the download speed.

12/02/2022
Download (Mbps): 9.50
Upload (Mbps): 7.44

22/06/2021
Download (Mbps): 35.46
Upload (Mbps): 7.85

3 REPLIES 3
BasilDV

Hi @halberti

Welcome to the Community!

The limitation of the speed will depend on the NBN plan of our customers.

If you are under the NBN50 plan and getting a very low speed, we need to troubleshoot it first.

Check this article that may guide you:

If you are using a WiFi connection to test the speed, then signal interference may be causing it.

Check these articles that may help you improve your home WiFi network.

If you are still getting low speed, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

halberti
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV ,

After the complaint, TPG set my "Max Speed" to the contracted speed of 50616 kbps. Thanks for you reply, but as I said, TPG as limiting my speed. Unfortunately, there was nothing that I could do on my end.

And, that is interesting that a company reduces the user speed without communicating with the customer. I would like to know how many users are being affected by this TPG questionable practice. And, how long it will take for TPG to start to reduce my speed again. Let’s see.

Best regards.

Angeli

Hi @halberti

We can assure you that we do not have a control over the speed offered by your chosen plan. You may PM to us your TPG account details, so we can check on what speed tier you're in and if you are on either FTTB, FTTN or FTTC, we will inform you of your maximum line sync speed. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards, 

Angeli