TPG Community

Get online support

TPG terminated my NBN plan without my consent

alexjan
Level 2
We have been happy TPG customers for a few years. There have been hiccups (disconnections and all that) but not as bad as today. Sorry for a long read because it took us too long being transferred back and forth many hoops with nothing get done.

About 1pm or so, our NBN connection was dropped, the Wifi router showed no internet. I checked for NBN outages, nope. I restarted both NBN box and the wifi router, still no internet.

I called TPG help desk and asked about the issue. A male staff took the call and after verification he told me that the connection looked good but NBN is not activated. That puzzled me because it just worked few minutes ago. He told me to wait and put me back to the waiting queue.

Another female staff picked up the call (???), and asked me all over again all information to verify. Did it, then came to the part she told me that either me or my wife made an inquiry with other provider and that's why my nbn was disconnected. That's outrageous because none of us did. We both are working from home and need the internet more than ever. She kept repeating that, even when I asked her who actually filed the request or inquiry. Eventually, she said she would request NBN co to reactivate the connection and I need to wait for 24-48hours. I'm upset with the explanation and all that but yeah, waited.

Then suddenly an hour later my wife (the primary account holder) received an email announcing that we cancelled our TPG NBN plan. It's a WTF moment for both of us. We immediately called TPG to inquire about that. The person took the call could not explain or prove that we terminated our plan. The explanation (may be based on some notes other staffs left in our record) is vague and misleading. Some how we got transferred to few staffs before ending up with Jonathan and Shella? We asked Jonathan to help expediting the reconnection because we are WFH and we do need internet urgently. He transferred us to Shella as the last resort.

Shella said the account was deleted (wth, customer accounts were deleted with no traces, no logs, no audit, are you kidding me?), we need to create a new account. My wife had to go through all the steps to create a brand new account and TPG even charged us? After all that, we are now hanging here waiting for the same amount of time 24-48 hours.

It's too hard for me to believe that a customer's account could simply be gone without traces or logs or no one at TPG has no idea about. I'm a software developer and I know how serious it is to handle customer's data and account for enterprises esp. regarding legal requirements or disputes, not possible to disappear like that.

I don't want to generalise things but given such discrepancy and nuisance, I don't think my trust to TPG is the same as before. I'm considering to switch provider.
4 REPLIES 4
alexjan
Level 2
Another WTF moment, after walking through steps to creat a new account, TPG sent us two different emails about creating two new accounts???

I do think TPG is having serious problems with customer's management system and staffs.
BasilDV

Thanks for raising this to our attention @alexjan.

We'd like to look into your account for better understanding of the situation.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

alexjan
Level 2

UPDATED:

After many phone calls back and forth, we sorted most of the things out and waited for our NBN connection to be back. It's slow but we are getting somewhere and, to be fair, part of it is not TPG's fault but another provider screwed up.

Angeli

Hi @alexjan

We're glad to hear that your NBN service has been reinstated. Please feel free to shoot us a message should you require an assistance in the future. Stay safe! 

Best regards, 

Angeli