TPG Community

Get online support

Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number.

chjones
Level 2

I'll be 100% honest, at some time in the past year I found the SU password for the Archer 1600V modem and I did mess with some of it's settings. I know ... this is my fault. I needed one of the settings that TPG lockdown. This is on me completely.

However, we now want to use the home phone and have connected one to Phone Port 1. I get a dial-tone, but can't call any numbers. My TPG Account shows that I have the NBN Digital Voice service and the status is Active.

I guess in my clicking frenzy I nuked the telephony settings on the router. Is there a way to get them back? I am aware that TPG requires that Voice will only work with the AR1600v, which is what I am using. I just need the settings and how to put them back in. Is this possible?

On the dashboard in the WebUI when I click on the phone it says: "Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number."

Will a factory reset of the modem get these back for me, or is there an easier/smarter way to do this? Also, if I reset the modem is there any special I need to do to get back online?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
chjones
Level 2

So ... I've Factory Reset the modem which worked successfully.

The Network Map still shows the following when I click on the phone:

"Telephone Status: Telephone service unavailable. Please check your account settings or register a new number."

If I connect a phone to port 1 on the back of the modem I get a dial-tone, but when I try to call any number i get:

"The number you are trying to call is not available from this service".

I am able to call-in to the number and the phone rings and I can answer.\

Since the NBN100 plan includes "Pay As You Go" home phone I was hoping I'd be able to make calls in an emergengy and just get billed for it. Is this not how it works? Or do I HAVE to purchase at least the $10 OZ TALK bundle?

I'm still unsure about the "Telephone service unavailable" message the router is showing.

BasilDV

Hi @chjones

Welcome to the Community!

You'll be able to perform an outgoing call as the system will automatically bill your account.

We note that you've messed with some settings within your modem/router, which may have caused the issue.

Do you remember if what are the things that you've changed? If not, please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to check on this further.

BasilDV