TPG Community

Get online support

Threatening emails demanding money

ajfitt
Level 2

How do I stop the receipt of threatening emails?

3 REPLIES 3
KarlB

Hi @ajfitt,

Sounds like you might be getting spam emails(Phishing emails). Are they coming from the same people/company or just random emails?

Please be informed that our TPG Post Office has a Junk Mail Filter feature that could be of additional help to you. This filters out the spams on our server before it reaches the Inbox of your email program.

To enable your Junk Mail Filter, please follow the directions below :

1. Login to your TPG Post Office with your username and password through this link : https://tpg.com.au/home/postoffice

2. Click on Settings at the top.

3. Click on Mail Filtering Settings on the left side of the page.

4. On Select the level of filtering for all your incoming email box, choose the level of filtering you prefer. Below are the security level you can choose from:

* Off - No filtering, turns off automatic Junk Filter detection
    * Low (Normal) - Low filtering, sets a low Junk Filter detection sensitivity
    * Medium - Medium filtering, sets a slightly higher sensitivity.
    * High - High filtering, sets the highest sensitivity (high setting also filters Bcc'd messages)

5. Click on Save Settings.

You may also try to use the other features under Mail Filtering:

* Address Filters - allows you to create rules that will either block or allow messages to be delivered, no matter what content is within the message.   

* Advanced Filters - allows you to create rules that can not be created with the Address Filters. These give a finer control on the way a message can be matched, and can be set to expire on a certain day if desired.

Furthermore, you can select all the emails on the current page by clicking on the gear icon near the trash button to delete the emails per page.

One of our users were nice enough to put up some screenshots for us. See link below

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Unwanted-e-mails/m-p/1710

Let us know if we can be of further assistance. Thank you.

Regards,

Karl

stephenbrown8
Level 2

I have received this email with extra details demanding money and supposedly from my own email account
What can TPG do about this ?
Hello!

Have you recently noticed that I have e-mailed you from your account?
Yes, this simply means that I have total access to your device.

For the last couple of months, I have been watching you.
Still wondering how is that possible? Well, you have been infected with malware originating from an adult website that you visited. You may not be familiar with this, but I will try explaining it to you.

BasilDV

Hi @stephenbrown8

Welcome to the Community!

We always advise our customers to be more careful about visiting any websites that they are familiar with.

Also, don't click any links provided via Email if you don't know where it came from as it may have contained malware or spyware.

Please report this case to https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/threats/hacking and run a full scan on your devices/computers.

For more safety, please change the password of your accounts (Email, Social Media, Bank Accounts).

BasilDV