TPG Community

Get online support

Ultrafast Offer - speed issue

SOLVED Go to solution
jasonbrumby
Level 2

Hello. I have the same issue. I was originally on the 100mbit plan, then received the free 6 month upgrade. I was offered the 200mbit for $85 per month when that expired, and I switched to the 200mbit superfast plan on the 24th. My speeds have dropped to 100mbit.
When I first received the free 6 month upgrade I had a similar issue where I had to make a community account and report my slow speed. Its a shame this has happened a second time because my experience with TPG over the past 5 years or so has been really excellent otherwise.
My number is 552XXXX Jason

Ahra_G

Hi @jasonbrumby

I've ran some remote tests and your service appears to be properly provisioned on the correct speed plan. 

We definitely would like to check out what seems to be preventing you from maximising the speed. 

Let us know of your most convenient time to receive a call as well as your best contact number via private message and our Technical team would be more than glad to help! 

-Ahra_G

castle13
Level 2

same issue here.

during the last couple weeks of the promo my speeds were ~ 250Mbps.
accepted the upgrade offer, received confirmation from tpg the upgrade was complete but now I'm expiriencing the original 50/20 speed

can you look into this ?

Riezl

Hi @castle13, please send us a private message with your TPG account details so we can look into this.

Hungnhem
Level 2
Hi Riezl,
I got the same issue here! Pls help me resolve the problem.
My nbn account: hungnhem. Signed new offer for ultrafast but Speeds seem capped at 50/20.
avt85
Level 4

@Hungnhem 

I'm on the same boat as you.

I called yesterday and today.
They are supposed to be getting the rigth codes re-applied for the connection to be moved over. But still waiting...

BasilDV

Hi @avt85

We've responded to your other posts.

Please check your connection speed again as the issue has been resolved.

BasilDV

paulsexstone
Level 2

im on ultrafast and only get 3mb upload, used to get 50mb, have replaced everything switched unid ports and endpoint, routers cables etc.. still told its nbco when its obviously throttling

avt85
Level 4

Thanks @BasilDV for the update.

Yes, I did notice this morning around 7.30am that the speed was restored back to its formal glory Smiley Happy

Appreciate the assistance on that.

Any idea why it took 2 days to get this change in place when email confirmation was sent on Friday advising the plan change has been completed?

bleaw
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

I'm in the same boat. Its been 5 days since I received the e-mail that my plan had been changed to SuperFast. I've since power-cycled my modem 2-3 times but still capped at 50mbps.

Previously I got up to 250mbps when I was on the SuperFast 6 months trial.

Thanks

B