TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to Open Ports on NBN - TPG provided modem Archer VR1600v

Will

Hi @fawadakhtar

Welcome to the Community!

If you haven't visited it yet, we suggest that you check this thread: Port Forwarding on the TP Link VR1600V

Is the device connected to the modem a computer? If it is, you might want to check as well the computer's firewall port.

Regards,

Will

MattFitzmaurice
Level 2

Hi 

I'm having trouble with this as well. I'd like to access the web admin tool on one of my lan machines when not at home.

I realise that I do not have a static IP address, but that is fine with me.

I created Virtual Server (please see attached). Why can't I access it via http://MYIP:62 ?

Thanks
Matt

BasilDV

Hi @MattFitzmaurice,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We noticed that the external port and internal port that you've inserted is different. What is the exact Port that your Virtual Server requires?

Both External port and Internal port should be the same.

BasilDV

MattFitzmaurice
Level 2

It's just a web server. So I made both ports 80 and it times out.

Shane

Hi @MattFitzmaurice,

The Port Forwarding Feature of VR1600v should be working. Can you post or send us the screenshot of the configured settings.

Cheers!

MattFitzmaurice
Level 2

Got it. It had to be port 8080 instead of just 80.

Thanks

Shane

Yay! We're glad to know that @MattFitzmaurice. Let us know should you require further assistance.

Cheers!

SCT
Level 3
Level 3

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @MattFitzmaurice,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We noticed that the external port and internal port that you've inserted is different. What is the exact Port that your Virtual Server requires?

Both External port and Internal port should be the same.

BasilDV

Hi BasiDV,

Please do not post false information as a Moderator. Port forwarding is designed to have different external and internal port numbers, hence it's name, it forwards one port to a different port number.

Cheers, Steve

SCT
Level 3
Level 3

I too cannot get port forwarding to work in Richmond VIC.

I have two different sites, two identical TPG provided Archer Modems, which have identical Firmware installed, configured same within Advanced > NAT Forwarding > Virtual Servers, however, when I test the port to confirm it is open in Richmond it fails, whereas the one in Doncaster VIC works as it should.

I have added, rebooted, tried everything but it never works in Richmond.

Doncaster Screen shots

NBNModem.pngNBNConfigDon.png

PortTestDon.png

Richmond screen shots

PortForwRich.pngPortTestFailRich.png

For such a simple setting I have wasted far too much time.

How do I get this resolved.

Thanks, Regards, Steve

dowdie
Level 3
Hi Erika

How come I can do this on the hg659?

I've recently been sent the tplink as my hg659 seems to disconnect a few times a week. On the hg659 I can set up Google wifi via ethernet at 192.268.1.2 and forward traffic to google wifi subnet 192.168.86.1 and so on

I also can't open the tplink router to https 443 for remote access to home assistant nor can I open 1194 UDP for my open VPN access from my Nas VPN server. I had to revert back to the hg659 for these reasons