TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to connect Epson printer to Sagecom 5G

hello1
Level 2

I've also had the issue of not being able to connect the Epson XP-540 printer to the Sagecom 5G router via WiFi, since switching over to 5G broadband.

Did anyone get this resolved or do I need to switch back to NBN?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
david64
Master

Hi @hello1 . Can you login to the Sagemcom admin and try changing the wifi SSID names so they are different. Just add   5G   to the 5GHz name.

hello1
Level 2

Thanks @david64 - sadly that hasn't worked.

BasilDV

Hi @hello1 

The WiFi security of the Sagemcom modem/router is set to WPA2-WPA3 mode.

Is the Epson printer compatible with the safe security mode? If not, then it will not be able to connect to it.

If you still have an old or spare router, then you may set it as an access point for you to be able to connect the printer within the network.

BasilDV

hello1
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV 

Yep, the printer is compatible with WPA2-WPA3 mode. Do you have instructions for adding another router?

Also, I'm experiencing very poor speeds with the 5G. Today's speed test shows download at 1.3Mbps & upload of 7.1Mbps. I'm currently paying for 100 Mpbs.

Thanks

BasilDV

Hi @hello1 

We'd like to raise this with our Tech team for further checking of the speed and your setup.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @hello1 

We've checked the specification of the printer and it shows that it only supports the following wireless security modes: WEP, WPA, and WPA2.

With this, it will not be able to connect to the Sagemcom modem/router.

Regarding the speed issue, may we know your preferred time to receive a call tomorrow?

BasilDV

david64
Master

@BasilDV . You keep saying the Sagemcom supports WPA2-WPA3. I take this to mean that it can connect at the same time, several devices using one of either WPA2 or WPA3.

You say the printer uses WEP, WPA, WPA2, therefore it can't connect to Sagemcom.

WPA2 is the common element, so explain yourself! Why can't it connect.

@hello1 

hello1
Level 2

I agree with this @david64  - this doesn't seem to make sense @BasilDV 

I'm finding similar issues with other WiFi devices. Is there a better alternative to the Sagecom or do we need switch back to NBN?

I can be reached any time tomorrow @BasilDV 

Thanks

david64
Master

@hello1 . The Epson can only connect to the 2.4GHz ssid. Is it failing to connect on this ssid?

Are you doing manual connection by selecting the ssid and entering the wifi pin, or using WPS (which might need to be enabled in the Sagemcom)?