TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to get higher speeds

breany
Level 2

Hi all.

I recently received a complimentary speed boost from TPG (thanks TPG!).

I wasn't getting the 250Mbps or so that was available. TPG sent a new modem as they believed that was the issue, but in the meantime, I found that turning NAT Boost on my old modem (tp-link AC1200) fixed the issue and I was able to get the 250Mbps bandwidth.

Today I decided to hook up the new modem sent from TPG (tp-link AC1600 v 2.0) but there doesn't seem to be a NAT boost option and I am unable to obtain the 250Mbps that I was getting 5 minutes before on the old modem.

I have Qos turned off as I believe that slows the speed, but no luck.

I have tried wirelss 5G and ethernet cable but still no boost to the speed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the faster speeds on this modem?

I'm happy to go back to the old modem but it is quite old now.

TPG speed results from ethernet connection below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

test.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @breany

Welcome to the Community!

Since this is a replacement modem/router and the speed is still low, we'd like to run further test for better understanding of the issue.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @breany

Welcome to the Community!

Since this is a replacement modem/router and the speed is still low, we'd like to run further test for better understanding of the issue.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV