TPG Community

Get online support

Unable to post 'question' about ongoing TPG service issue due to it being marked as spam incorrectly

needforsuv
Level 3

My connection hasn't been stable since May 2020 when TPG downgraded their new NBN100 plans from 100/40 to 100/20.

Although I still get 100/40 speed as I SHOULD, 2 closed tickets later, it is still unstable.

I would add more detail, but the system keeps marking it as spam.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/NBN-100-40-HFC-Connection-unstable-ever-since-dow... 

4 REPLIES 4
needforsuv
Level 3

Original title:

NBN 100/40 HFC Connection unstable ever since downgrade to 100/20 for NEW Customers ~ May 2020

Original message:

My connection hasn't been able to stay connected for more than 1 day at a time (sometimes 'dropping' out multiple times per day or within the same hour or even minutes) REGUARDLESS of whether there are works or not ever since TPG (and so many other telcos) downgraded their home NBN 100 plans from 100/40 to 100/20 WITHOUT DROPPING the price (again, same goes for other telcos), and as such, have created 'capacity' (overall) and service issues (for me) that needs to be addressed.

Although I still get 100/40 speeds, it is INEXCUSABLE that they are all charging the same for a LESSER product for new customers, and now, only by paying for small business nbn can new customers get 100/40 speeds on some telcos (which isn't my main issue here, yet... since I am still on a contract with ~6 months left). I contracted the plan, at the price that it was (which is still the same now for a lesser product), and as such, I need, expect, and SHOULD have that service, which I currently do not because of the unstable connection which 'drops' with ZERO warning even when speeds are very good (94-odd Mbps down and 37-odd up).

So far, NBN have visited 4-5 times (I am so frustrated that I lost track already) and each time, they test their network as being fine, and as I expected right from the start, it leads to the extremely high probability that it is TPG's issue. Each time I lose the connection (manually or 'by itself'), I get a new IP address, and I believe that this issue would not exist if the dynamic IP wasn't behaving abnormally or it was a static IP since each time it happens, it is the same (lights, etc.) as it had been before when it changed IP addresses back when it was working, just much, much more frequently now. While I understand that dynamic IP is by its nature not fixed, this constant 'instability' on a daily basis is UNACCEPTABLE.

Now, unless EVERY NBNco technician who has come has missed something and none of the works they do regularly to improve things (which 'causes' connection issues for me when it comes to ANY suburb in Brisbane, not just the two which have proviously caused issues for me, as expected) changed something that had made it behave like this, the only other thing that has changed is TPG's NBN100 Plan DOWNGRADE for new customers, which very coincidentally, began at around the same time as my issues started.

I have gone through 2 closed tickets since I began contact with them ~1 month ago where TPG hasn't fixed the issue and closed them prematurely without actually doing anything on their end and I am about to file a complaint if they do not fix it SOON.

This is the type of messages in the log that I've been seeing on the modem/router (next after NBN HFC black NTD box) for the last 2-3 months.

2020-07-14 18:36:34 [3] PPP: ppp3 Peer not responding
2020-07-14 18:36:34 [3] PPP: ppp3 LCP down
2020-07-14 18:36:34 [4] PPP: ppp3 LCP down
2020-07-14 18:36:34 [6] PPP: ppp3 sent [LCP TermReq id=0x3 "Peer not responding"]
2020-07-14 18:36:37 [6] PPP: ppp3 sent [LCP TermReq id=0x4 "Peer not responding"]
2020-07-14 18:37:01 [6] PPP: ppp3 sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x00000df3)]
2020-07-14 18:37:05 [6] PPP: ppp3 sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x00000df3)]
2020-07-14 18:37:15 [6] PPP: ppp3 sent [PADI Host-Uniq(0x00000df3)]
2020-07-14 18:37:35 [3] PPP: ppp3 Timeout waiting for PADO packets

TL;DR:
My NBN 100/40 HFC Connection has been unstable (unable to stay connected for >1day consistantly) ever since the downgrade of the NBN100 Plan from 100/40 to 100/20 for NEW Home Customers ~ May 2020 (I still get 100/40 speeds), and TPG have been closing tickets pre-maturely and not doing anything to address the issue and 'tossing the ball' to NBNco when the issue is very likely not theirs, and as such, wasting everyones' time and money and I am about to file a compliant if this isn't fixed soon.

Riezl

We apologise for the inconvenience this ongoing issue is causing you and we'd like to help get to the bottom of this, @needforsuv. Please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

We'll wait for your PM. Thank you.

needforsuv
Level 3

And third ticket closed without a fix!

Ahra_G

Hi @needforsuv

The raised fault is definitely not closed and in fact, a follow up has been sent to NBN Co to inquire about the resolution of the connection issue you are experiencing. 

The assigned Engineer will be in touch as soon as an update becomes available. 

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ahra_G