TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrade from 100Mbps to Ultrafast (600+Mbps) has not changed download speed

awfraser
Level 2

Today, I upgraded from the 100Mbps package to the Ultrafast (600Mbps+) package. I've been told the provisioning is complete, and I am now paying the higher package price. I have reset/restarted both the main modem/router and the NBN modem. I have noticed the upload speed has changed from about 20Mbps to about 40Mbps; however, the download speed remains fixed at around 100Mbps. I've checked the setup, cable types, etc., and all are as the spec required. Could this be a provisioning issue? How do I get it checked?

4 REPLIES 4
Aubrey

Hi @awfraser, let's have a closer look at your account and make sure you're getting the speeds for your plan. Please send us a private message with your account details.

sunday9pm
Level 2

Hi awfraser

I upgraded today from NBN 100 to the NBN Ultrafast plan, and have the exact same issue: Been told the upgrade is complete, and upload speeds have improved to what's advertised as typical: 40 Mbps, but the download speed remains the same around 100 Mbps same as before, and nowhere near the advertised 671 Mbps despite using a compatible router (Deco X68).

Speedtest result when connected on Ethernet directly to our router:
106.5 Mbps download – same as before on the NBN100 plan
42.9 Mbps upload – this is as advertised on ultrafast and higher than on our NBN100 plan, so this is ok.

We are on NBN HFC, so I note the TPG disclaimer:
While the nbn Ultrafast Plan has a maximum theoretical off-peak download speed of 500Mbps on nbn HFC and 990Mbps on nbn FTTP, you will typically experience significantly slower speeds than this due to a range of factors, regardless of which modem you use. You should refer to the Typical Evening Speed as a more accurate estimate of likely experience. 
Typical Evening Speed on Ultrafast advertised by TPG:
671 Mbps download
40 Mbps upload

Our router is a Deco X68 / AX3600, which supports Wifi6, and meets the TPG requirements here with speeds as follows:
5 GHz: 1802 Mbps (802.11ax)
5 GHz: 1201 Mbps (802.11ax)
2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps (802.11ax)

If anyone has any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Ahra_G

Hi @sunday9pm,

We'd be happy to check your connection. Please send us a private message and we'll bring up your account. 

-Ahra_G

Ahra_G

Thanks for that. Checking the account, the speed has not been fully provisioned yet. Please wait after 24-48hrs then kindly check again if both the download/upload speed still hasn't changed.