TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrade to FTTN NBN50 only get 37 Mbps download

SOLVED Go to solution
hmuliawan
Level 2

Hi,

I just upgrade my NBN to NBN50 FTTN and I only get around 37 Mbps not even at the peak hours. I call tech support and they said its normal for my area because they only can get 40 Mbps when they do the testing. 

It is not right becuase when I call again the customer service support to upgrade to NBN100 she said my speed can up to 54 Mbps. So meaning there is nothing wrong my infrastucture which at least I can get around 42-45 Mbps. 

If TPG cannot provide better connection because of FTTN then you have state it. TPG advertisement is misleading and waste customer time to call TPG support because everytime I call them for this issue I have to wait 30 minutes.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hmuliawan
Level 2

Thank you the TPG for your great support. You offfer the engineer to come onsite at my house to check if I can get better result. And it is, I got better result now. I got around 45 Mbps which 9 Mbps different from previously that I got. I really apprecite your great support. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Erika

Hi @hmuliawan

Welcome to the Community! 

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the speeds you were receiving.

I've located your account using your Community details and has seen the assessment that was carried out by our Engineers and they've confirmed that this is the max speed we can provide using the current technology. 

I understand your feedback regarding what was stated on our page but we can only provide you with an accurate speed assessment post activation. Contributing factors to speed on FTTN are definitely distance from your connected node.

Nonetheless, we have noted on our website speed option and the factors that would affect the internet speed (http://tpg.com.au/nbn > IMPORTANT THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW > Frequently Asked Questions > What speed options can TPG NBN provide? 

Regards, 

hmuliawan
Level 2

Thank you the TPG for your great support. You offfer the engineer to come onsite at my house to check if I can get better result. And it is, I got better result now. I got around 45 Mbps which 9 Mbps different from previously that I got. I really apprecite your great support. Thank you.

BasilDV

Great to hear that @hmuliawan.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV