TPG Community

Get online support

Upgrade to NBN Broadband Unlimited Superfast and get slower download speed

garra28
Level 2

I am having the same issue. Upgraded about 2 days ago to the superfast speed after 6 months of trial of the new speed. The download speed can only reach one-half of the previous (before upgrade). I saw someone got same problem and they got solved. I just thinking do i need to change my modem? but i don't understand why the internet speed being changed even though i have the same plan.

6 REPLIES 6
avt85
Level 4

had the same issue.

despite signing up to the new superfast (discounted) plan. i still got reverted to nbn 50.

i rang tech support today and was told that NBN reverted my connection back from trial connection
so they sent another request to get nbn to connect to the new super fast connection.
this was today morning, they said 24hours to be actioned.

so will see tomorrow. I just thought this would have been automatic since the charge for the new plan was already actioned, account settings confirms the new plan and received email plan already changed over.

it seems like a disconnect between billing and actual plan changes.

BasilDV

Hi @garra28

Welcome to the Community!

We understand that you've been in touch with one of our moderators and have given some troubleshooting to perform.

Also, we want to know if you are using the TPG provided modem/router for your NBN Superfast plan?

If yes, you might need to buy your own modem/router for you to maximise the speed of your plan.

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @avt85

Thanks for raising this with us.

We tried to search for your account, however, the account linked to this profile is already inactive.

Please send me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number to assist you accordingly.

BasilDV

garra28
Level 2

what's kind of router do i need ? like what product model. The router i am using is the router setted by TPG 3 years ago. It's from TPG

avt85
Level 4

@BasilDV 

thanks I have sent you a PM. I am using a different username to my tpg forum login.

avt85
Level 4

@garra28 

I would get tpg to check your accoutn first to make sure your acocunt didn't get reverted (back to the pre-trial speeds) as the trial ended (like mine did).

Despite signing up for the discounted new superfast internet.

If you were getting fast speeds prior and suddently dropped post trial phase of the nbn superfast.

I suspect your account got reverted like mine did and pending for NBN to connect to teh actual superfast connection again.