TPG Community

Get online support

Very Slow Upload Speeds on NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
jargar12
Level 3

Hi,

I recently had NBN connected, initial download/ upload speeds were 34.2 / 18.67. Dowload speed is now higher at 47.33 but upload speed has dropped to 0.13 and has been the same for last few days. Can you advise what to do ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jargar12
Level 3

I did a manual re-boot of the modem and speeds now seem to be ok. Thanks

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
BasilDV

Hi @jargar12 ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and have run some remote test.

We weren't able to detect any fault within the FTTC NBN Network, which will cause the issue. Did you test the speed via a WiFi connection or a Wired connection?

We've created an article which will guide you on how to troubleshoot this issue. You may check this link.

If low upload speed is still evident, please let us know.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

jargar12
Level 3

Hi,

The test was done via wifi, however the link you provided only mentions download speed which is not a problem, it's only the upload speed that is the issue. What range of upload speeds would be classed as acceptable ? Could a wi-fi issue only affect upload speed ? 

BasilDV

Hi @jargar12 ,

That is why we need to test the speed via Wired connection as well for us to tell if the issue only occurs on a WiFi connection. If the speed of your upload is still low on a Wired connection, then we need to check on this further on our end.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

jargar12
Level 3
BasilDV

Hi @jargar12 ,

Thank you for the screenshot.

We've refreshed the connection from our end. Are you able to run another speed test via Wired?

If it's still giving a low upload speed, please shoot me a private message with your preferred time and best number to be contacted and I'll arrange a call from our Tech team.

How to send a PM? Click here.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

jargar12
Level 3

I did a manual re-boot of the modem and speeds now seem to be ok. Thanks

jargar12
Level 3

only just saw your message you had refreshed so not sure which was the cure but if it occurs again I'll try the re-boot and if that doesn't help will get back to you. Thanks

jmdejoanelli
Level 2

After reading several threads relating to the same issue, it seems the solution is having a Moderator "refresh the connection from our end". I'm trying to get that done for my connection Smiley Happy