TPG Community

Get online support

Very bad upload speed

hybiepoo
Level 3

My upload speed is horrible tonight. I've tested from two Ethernet connected devices with the same results.

I have rebooted my HFC NBN device as well as my own router with no change other than getting a new IP address each time.

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from TPG Internet (220.240.x.x)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Optus (Sydney) [1.01 km]: 22.166 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 99.37 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 4.66 Mbit/s

I also tested against tpg.speedtestcustom.com with the same results.

I'm on the 100/20 plan.

Can I get somebody to look at this please?

8 REPLIES 8
hybiepoo
Level 3

It's getting worse.

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from TPG Internet (220.240.x.x)...
Hosted by Exetel (Sydney) [1.01 km]: 30.507 ms
Skipping download test
Testing upload speed......................................................................................................
Upload: 0.07 Mbit/s

20-25% packet loss

Ping statistics for 203.26.27.38:
Packets: Sent = 19, Received = 15, Lost = 4 (21% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 7ms, Maximum = 17ms, Average = 9ms

hybiepoo
Level 3

Fault 11255640 logged for this.

It is still bad as at 4pm this afternoon. You can see from the photo below that my packet loss has been pretty bad since the 27th Feb and is ongoing until now. This is testing from my network to tpg www.

tpgpacketloss.jpg

BasilDV

Hi @hybiepoo 

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've checked the account and learned that the case is now being investigated by our Engineering team.

An assigned Engineer will be in touch with you within 24 to 48 hours via SMS or phone call as soon as an update becomes available.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

BasilDV

hybiepoo
Level 3

Hi,

So I received a txt saying that the technician had been cancelled and the problem has been fixed. I beg to differ.

tpgpacketloss.jpg

It is clear that there is still a problem and it's been there since the 27th. This is affecting my ability to work from home properly since video conferencing performance is terrible with the packet loss. There's two months left on my contact, and at this point it's pretty much a guarrantee that I will be going elsewhere.

I'm also still only getting half of my advertised upload speed:

Hosted by Optus (Sydney) [1.01 km]: 16.769 ms
Skipping download test
Upload: 10.06 Mbit/s

hybiepoo
Level 3

More packetloss evidence

tpgpacketloss2.jpg

Ahra_G

HI @hybiepoo

I have since raised the issue again to our Engineering Team and have passed the tests along for their checking. 

Please await further updates via phone call or SMS. 

Regards,

Ahra_G

hybiepoo
Level 3

Things are looking better this afternoon since around midday. Will see how it goes over the next 24hrs.

tpgpacketloss3.jpg

Shane

Hi @hybiepoo,

Thanks for the additional details. We will pass this on to them for additional reference on the escalated fault. 

The issue affecting the service is still under investigation by our Engineering Team. Updates will be provided by one of our Engineers via SMS or Phone call.

Regards,

Things are looking better this afternoon since around midday. Will see how it goes over the next 24hrs.

tpgpacketloss3.jpg