TPG Community

Get online support

Very disappointed...

BadMan
Level 2
I have been with TPG for 7 years and their level of competence has dropped dramatically.
I had to start a new account even though my last one I had taken to a few different addresses. I did that and the problems haven't stopped. First of all when the line was "live" the modem they provided didn't work, it was brand new! They couldnt guarantee when they could get me one so i drove myself to their offices to exchange it, a good 2.5 hour drive. I get home and the internet drops in and out. I contact them and we organise a technician. The first time he didn't show up, the second time we had organised for him to be there at 3pm . At 4.30pm I rang to see where he was and I was told that he'd been there at 1pm and it was all fixed!!! And yet it wasn't!! He was supposed to test it from my apartment and didn't, the engineer in charge even admitted to me that he had not done his job properly. After 3 weeks tpg tell me it's a Telstra problem, so I had to wait for them to fix it. It was fixed after 4 weeks of waiting fir my internet. I asked what happens with my account payments, as I had no internet for the first month, they said the engineer decides. Anyway after the 4 week wait for the internet a few days later BANG! They take another month out. I let it go as I was over dealing with them. Now a week after my internet was finally working it has gone again. I rang them and the same old stories that they've been feeding me came up again. I've Had enough, I have contacted the ombudsmen. Tpg service in all departments has dropped dramatically and is now basically hopeless. Very disappointed.
6 REPLIES 6
BasilDV

Hi @BadMan,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We apologise for the inconvenience and understand your frustrations regarding the issues that you've experienced with your service.

While we will endeavour to make the service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service, or the speed, performance or quality of the service.

There are many factors outside of our control which affect the services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and quality of the copper pair.

The case is now being handled by our Engineering team and a TPG technician was requested to help us with the investigation. I'll chase this up with them to arrange a schedule for your convenience.

A billing adjustment for the previous case was requested as well to compensate with the days that you were unable to use the service. Once approved, they'll be in touch with you with the details.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

Rica_R

Hi @BadMan,

We've seen that our Engineers has been in touch and discussed the details of your concern. A schedule has been booked and confirmed for your for your account. Kindly wait for the Technician to be on site on the agreed date and time. Thank you. 

BadMan
Level 2
Thank you. The person who got in touch with me was very professional. Definitely the best person I have dealt with so far.
BasilDV

You are welcome @BadMan.

We understand that the technician visit is already booked and the technician will be in touch before approaching your premises.

Further updates will be given by your assigned Engineer.

Should you require further assistance, please let us know.

BasilDV

BadMan
Level 2
Ok your technician was just here. He found the problem to be the wall socket in the apartment. This problem could have been solved on the 4th of January if the original technician had come at the agreed time of between 3pm and 5pm. As he came to the job at 1pm no one was here, he told tpg that the job was complete and everything was working. This was not the case. The engineer assigned to my case agreed with me that he should have tested the line from the socket, not outside. Today's technician has done his job properly and the issue is sorted. However I was still charged for the month when the issue should have been fixed earlier, plus i am getting charged $30 today for the change of socket, which I have accepted. I do not accept the charge for the month when it is because your first technician did not do his job properly. Please advise me to what is being done about this. Thank you.
Shane

Hi @BadMan,

Thanks for the additional details. We are glad to know that the issue has been fixed and your service is now connected for 2h 1m. We will pass this to the assigned Complaints Resolution Case Manager for additional reference and request for a billing adjustment.

Please be advised that a billing adjustment will be subject for investigation and approval once the technical issue/escalated fault has been resolved. Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,