TPG Community

Get online support

Very slow upload speed on NBN50

perera
Level 2

Hi,

My family has just switched to the NBN50 plan (received a confirmation earlier today of the switch), and the download speed seems about right, but the upload speed is stuck at 0.8Mbps (the same speed it was at while we were on NBN12).

Is there anything you can do to fix this?

Thank you,

Dilhan

4 REPLIES 4
perera
Level 2

P.S. I get the same results using the TPG speed test (attached)

BasilDV

Hi @perera

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and can confirm that the upgrade has been applied.

Have you tried testing the speed via Wired/Ethernet connection?

When you tested the speed via WiFi, are you connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band network?

Have you tried the troubleshooting given in this article? (https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Slow-speed-issue/ba-p/1197)

BasilDV

perera
Level 2

Hi @BasilDV , thanks for the reply

To answer your questions:

• I haven't been able to test the speed via a wired connection, since none of our laptops has an ethernet port
  • When I tested the speed via Wifi, the router was set to 'band steering mode', so I'm not sure which network it was. I've now just turned band steering off and connected separately to the 5GHz network and then the 2.4GHz network, and I get the same speed test results on both (and actually slightly slower upload speeds to what I posted earlier)
  • I have tried the troubleshooting in that article, but it refers only to download speeds, and my download speeds are either within or above the 'acceptable speed range'. The issue is the upload speeds are dramatically lower - and this causes problems with virtual meetings. We upgraded our plan specifically for this purpose so it would be great if the upload speed issue could be investigated - it seems like a problem that others have had as well.

Thank you,

Dilhan

BasilDV

Hi @perera

We'd like to arrange a call from our Tech team to check on this further.

Please send me a PM with your preferred time and best number to be contacted.

BasilDV