Vlan

SOLVED Go to solution
janietomas
Level 2
Hi,

I’m on HCF and want to get rid of the VR1600v. My router doesn’t support vlan. Wondering if there is a way to connect without the vlan setting? I really like TPG but I really want to get rid of the VR1600v, so switching ISP is my last resort!

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

Hi @janietomas . You can convert to a Data Only plan. This has no VOIP phone function and doesn't use VLAN. So you can use your own router. If you use the VOIP phone, you might be able to redirect it to your mobile.

A moderator can organise the change.

Only other way is to connect your router to a smart switch which can do VLAN handling, then remove VR1600.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
david64
Level 15

Hi @janietomas . You can convert to a Data Only plan. This has no VOIP phone function and doesn't use VLAN. So you can use your own router. If you use the VOIP phone, you might be able to redirect it to your mobile.

A moderator can organise the change.

Only other way is to connect your router to a smart switch which can do VLAN handling, then remove VR1600.

janietomas
Level 2
Where have you been all my (TPG) life David!? That’s exactly what I need, I’ve never used the voip. How can I go about requesting this?
david64
Level 15

@janietomas . A moderator will eventually get to this thread, or send a Private Message to one with your request: change to Data Only plan to avoid VLAN ID requirement.

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45

Not having used the voip phone, so you didn't pay for the voip phone addons?

janietomas
Level 2
I did pay $10 or so for the credit, thought it was just a mandatory extra charge. Thanks for your help mate!
Ahra_G

Hi @janietomas, let's grab your details via private message and we'd be glad to help!