TPG Community

Get online support

Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

SOLVED Go to solution
Shane

Hi @AprilMay ,

Did you respond via email using the notification you received from the community email? If so, it will not work; you need to manually send an email using the steps here, How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

AprilMay
Level 3

@Shane, yes, I went to the forum to send a PM, both times.

AprilMay
Level 3

@Shane, I've just tried to send you a PM again. Again, I get an error about invalid HTML that's been removed and to review the message and to try again (as mentioned above). Eventually I got a message saying I've sent too many private messages ((

The whole thing is not very user friendly.

Shane

Hi @AprilMay 

Try relog-in your community details to a different browser or perform clear cache and cookies.

Regards,

@Shane, I've just tried to send you a PM again. Again, I get an error about invalid HTML that's been removed and to review the message and to try again (as mentioned above). Eventually I got a message saying I've sent too many private messages ((

The whole thing is not very user friendly.

AprilMay
Level 3

@Shane , I am getting the same error messages when trying to PM on Firefox.

AprilMay
Level 3

@Shane , does it not aloow sending email addresses?

david64
Level 15

@AprilMay . Try this.

Go to screen and enter details as if you were going to send a private message to Shane.

But just enter a text string instead of your details. Change the subject to   TEST.

Just before click Send Message, take a screen shot.

Then Send Message.

Take another screen shot with the error.

Reply to this post as normal and add the 2 screen shots.

You can also try sending a private message to yourself.

AprilMay
Level 3

@david64

Well, it went through. Was the problem before that I was including my email address?

@Shanehave you received it?

If just my user name is needed I can provide it withouth the rest of the address.

AprilMay
Level 3

@david64 wrote:

@AprilMay . My mistake; OST file relates to Outlook.

I was using Windows Live Mail version 2011 until 21st Sep when TPG removed TLS 1.0 and 1.1 from the mail server. I switched to Thunderbird which supports TLS 1.2.

Around 17th Oct, I ran WLM to check some old emails and it downloaded the built-up emails of the last 4 weeks. So, the TLS 1.0 has been reinstated some time before. It ran just like it always had.

I see what's wrong. TPG has reinstated TLS 1.0 only for POP3 (receiving) side. You can receive but not send.

@Shane @BasilDV . Can you ask the Postmaster if it was intentional to reinstate TLS 1.0 and 1.1 only for the receiving side? This only allows old version clients to receive but not send.

@david64, @Shane , @BasilDV so what is happening with the TLS issue on the mail server?

BasilDV

The old TLS version 1.0 and 1.1 is still not supported.

Please make sure that the TLS version that you are using is at least 1.2 or 1.3.