TPG Community

Get online support

Windows Live Mail POP3 account 0x800CCC0F error when sending mail

SOLVED Go to solution
david64
Level 15

@BasilDV . TLS 1.0 is still working on POP3 side. Is it a way to let users receive emails sent to their TPG address while they transition to another email provider?

@AprilMay 

AprilMay
Level 3

@david64 

I found the following thread on a Microsoft forum explaining how to activate TLS 1.2 on WLM. Went through the steps to cange the Windows registry, but am still not able to send emails from my TPG account.

david64
Level 15

@AprilMay . I presume your computer is Win7.

Does your computer have KB3140245 installed?

(Control Panel, Windows Update, View update history. Scroll down and see that KB3140245 was successfully installed. Has your computer been rebooted since then?

Add registry settings. Close WLM and restart.

Picture shows how the registry should look.

AprilMay
Level 3

@david64 wrote:

@AprilMay . I presume your computer is Win7.

Does your computer have KB3140245 installed?

(Control Panel, Windows Update, View update history. Scroll down and see that KB3140245 was successfully installed. Has your computer been rebooted since then?

Add registry settings. Close WLM and restart.

Picture shows how the registry should look.

Thank you @david64 

Yes, my computer runs Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

I can't find the KB3140245 update in my Windows updates. I think it's because my system crashed two year ago and I had to reinstall it and all the updates up to that point, which I understand were rolled into one. So there's no updates listed before 2021. However, when I downloaded the update from the Windows update catalog and tried to install it, I got a message that it was already installed on the system.

My computer would have been restarted many times since the updates were installed two years ago. I restarted it again just in case. I am still getting the same WLM error.

I can't find ANY of the TLS protocols in my Windows registry. I don't know where they should be located and just tried to use the Find function, but it didn't bring up anything.

david64
Level 15

@AprilMay . Did you find the place in the registry to make the changes?

Click on the Client value under TLS 1.2, then take a screen shot of the whole Regedit window and attach it to your post.

AprilMay
Level 3

@david64  I used the automatic registry edit option using the link from the thread I posted above. It reported success. But now I went in manually, and TLS is completely missing in the registry. I only have SSL 2.0, so I need to do a manual edit following the steps in the same thread. I will do it tomorrow.

AprilMay
Level 3

@david64, It's all fixed. I edited the registry, and it not only fixed my tpg account email sendng problems but also fixed another email account that hasn't been working for more than six months.

Thank you very much for identifying the problem and supporting me in fixing it!

Kind Regards