Zoom

rodesdaile
Level 2

During zoom meetings the view and audio of all other participants freezes (not mine) and a message comes up saying "Your internet connection is unstable". This is most anoying and I miss vital meeting content.

Please fix this problem.

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @rodesdaile ,

Thanks for raising this to us. I'd like to confirm if the affected laptop/desktop is connected via LAN/Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi. 

here are different types of dropouts that you may experience:

1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.

2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.

3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area. 

In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:

• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection

• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it

If you need further assistance, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

@rodesdaile wrote:

During zoom meetings the view and audio of all other participants freezes (not mine) and a message comes up saying "Your internet connection is unstable". This is most anoying and I miss vital meeting content.

Please fix this problem.

ronichol
Level 3
I get this exact same problem. I have no issue with streaming services like Netflix. I have tracked this down to a TPG latency issue. When I do a speediest with speediest.net I get 20ms ping, bit speediest.me gives 200ms ping. TPG support only use speediest and ignore figures from other services, which is wrong. Speedof.me is much more accurate and frequently picks up issues which speediest doesn't. This problem is bad for me that my manager had given me an ultimatum to fix it.
Shane

We ran an initial test to the service and it shows that it has been connected for 4weeks 11h 20m. We refresh the modem/router's session, let us know if the latency issue will still occur so we can proceed with further investigation. 

I get this exact same problem. I have no issue with streaming services like Netflix. I have tracked this down to a TPG latency issue. When I do a speediest with speediest.net I get 20ms ping, bit speediest.me gives 200ms ping. TPG support only use speediest and ignore figures from other services, which is wrong. Speedof.me is much more accurate and frequently picks up issues which speediest doesn't. This problem is bad for me that my manager had given me an ultimatum to fix it.
ronichol
Level 3

I still have this problem. Ping is 180ms every time I test it. Streaming is fine but video conferencing is not.

BasilDV

Hi @ronichol

Are you using a WiFi or a Wired connection?

What troubleshooting have you done so far aside from testing the speed?

You may try to reboot the modem/router and test the connection again. Let's see if giving the device a quick rest will give us a different result.

BasilDV