TPG Community

Get online support

[again] Very high amount of re-connects (ADSL2+)

SOLVED Go to solution
Rica_R

Hi @72debbie

We've seen that our Technical Team has been in touch and escalated the concern to our Engineers for thorough checking of your internet service together with a technician appointment. Further details will be provided within 24 hours via SMS or phone call for the updated details. Thank you. 

72debbie
Level 3
Hi Jhoey,

Thanks a lot for Your help!

Best Regards

72debbie
72debbie
Level 3

Hi,

just an update. The connection was now stable for almost 16 hours, but the speeds are only average.

Average1Average1

A TPG Technician will come out tomorrow morning and will be hopefully able to sort things out.

We are also still waiting for another update about our pre-ordered NBN Package.

The last time we got told, that our place should be NBN-Ready on the 15.02.2019, which is tomorrow, but there was no further work done on or around our property, so it might be still some time, before we will get our NBN from you guys.

Thanks again for Your help, we really appreciate it !

Best Regards

72debbie

Ahra_G

Glad to hear that the connection has somehow gone stable, @72debbie

I can definitely see that an Engineer has sent the request to keep the appointment tomorrow, 15 February between 8AM - 12PM. 

I've also checked the NBN availability and we have not seen any new updates. We source all of our data for upcoming NBN releases directly from NBN Co, however these dates are subject to change. We normally contact our customers via email or phone call once NBN gives us a go. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us should you require further assistance. 

Thanks! 

72debbie
Level 3

Hi Ahra_G,

thanks for the info's about the NBN !

The Technician came out today, did it's line testing etc. and our connection repaired itself in the process.

So again, the issue was not on our side / within our property, but the real cause is unknown.

Good1Good1

Thanks a lot to everyone involved in the process of fixing our internet connection !

We really appreciate !

Have a nice weekend !

Best Regards

72debbie

72debbie
Level 3

Hi,

we had it today again and I called the Support and they stabilised our connection again, but the speed's are a bit low and I was wondering if someone could have a look into it please and maybe try to up them again to where they were.

Average2Average2

Thanks a lot for Your help (again) !

PS: We will finally get at the end of March our NBN. Finger's-crossed, that everything will work fine.

Best Regards

72debbie

Will

Hi @72debbie

An adjustment was made on the line in order to compensate for the line noise that's causing the dropouts on your connection. However, the adjustment has affected the sync rate which is why the numbers are slightly lower on the latest screenshot you posted from the previous ones.

I'm afraid that if I tweak the adjustment that was made, you may start experiencing dropouts again.

I'll notify the assigned Engineer to contact you on how we'll progress your concern. Please expect a call before 4:30PM QLD today.

Regards,

72debbie
Level 3

Hi Will,

ok thanks a lot for Your help !

We had a Technician coming out on the 15th last month and all he did was, to cut the wires at the joints, did line measurements and everything was fine again.

So the issue was not on our property and the cause of the reappearing issue remained unknown.

Best Regards

72debbie 

72debbie
Level 3

Hi Will,

just an update:

The Engineer called @~06:30pm, but we missed it unfortunately, because I was having a nap before my nightshift.

We will call him / them back tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for Your help ! 

I / we really appreciate it!

Best Regards

72debbie

Will

Hi @72debbie

I can see that your connection has been stable already. Our Engineering team has attempted to call you on March 2nd to discuss your connection but failed to reach you. An SMS has been sent advising that your connection is working normally.

Should you have further concerns, please let us know.

Regards,