TPG Community

Get online support

can i disconnet the nbn and reconnect when i back home

judyzhang518
Level 2

my family moved to overseas last December,and cannot back Australia recently.is it possible to disconncet our nbn servise and stop my bill,or do you have any low rate bill as we will back next year.and will reconnect the nbn when we back

3 REPLIES 3
drbob
Level 6

If you are not in a contract you could cancel your NBN service with one month notice (time it with the date when TPG bills you) and then re-apply for connection when you get back.

If you are still under contract, you need to calculate how much you'll have to pay to break the contract and compare that with how much you will have to pay if you don't disconnect. If I were in your position and the two amounts do not differ by much, I would  not bother disconnecting.

drbob
Level 6

I have just found out under "Extra Pricing Info/Cancellation" the following information:

The early termination charge is 50% of the monthly charges that would have been paid between the date of cancellation and the end of the contract period, up to a maximum of $350. Unless I am mistaken, the NBN plans contract is six months. If you are not under contract, there is no cancellation fee.

Ahra_G

Hi @judyzhang518

Temporary disconnection is not available for our plans. 

However, we can check with our Accounts Team if they can provide you with a lower plan. 

Let us have your Customer ID or username via private message so we can assist you further.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Ahra_G