TPG Community

Get online support

cant send emails via outlook - Sender Policy - relay denied

david64
Level 15

@garinda . On receive side, port 110 and NOT ticking encryption means your mail is received in plain text. To use encryption, use port 995 and tick encryption box.

The correct server name should stop certificate errors.

For sending, SPA is not used, but there is an Authentication setting like Use plain text password.

Were you able to save your changes?

Shane

Hi @garinda ,

Just checking, how did it go? 

Regards,

garinda
Level 2

still no joy.  I have tried changing the settings in outlook but via the control panel but am foiled with the final step where a confimration email is sent to tpgi - cant send the email!  i have restarted the computor and no change. Smiley Sad

garinda
Level 2

hold that thought!   The 'trust this certficate?' notification appeared again so this time I viewed the certificate and installed it and bingo - the emails are now being sent!  I wont even try to understand why Smiley Happy

thanks for your help.

garinda
Level 2

update - the emails have all bounced back from atmail Cloud Mail System who advise that i contact my internet provider since part of their network is on our block list (S3140)

SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data

They have provided an email http://mail.live.com/mail/troublshooting.aspx#errors.

grrr!

david64
Level 15

@garinda . A quick solution could be to restart your router if you can. It will get a new WAN ip address which might be outside the blocked range.

If you get the same error, it might be TPG's own computers that are being blocked.

BasilDV

Hi @garinda 

Try to turn off the modem/router, then turn it on after 30 seconds.

Let us know how it goes.

BasilDV

garinda
Level 2

I have re booted the modem and restarted my laptop.  I am getting sporadic success... This morning I have been able to successfully send and receive a test email my other account and i have been able to forward and recieve BasilDV's email to the same account, but that is it.  I can send all emails now (which I hadnt been able to do previously) but after 3-4 mins they all bounce back from atmail Cloud Mail System with the same message that I sent previously.

BasilDV

Hi @garinda 

Please send us a private message with your account details and will check on what we can arrange for you.

BasilDV

garinda
Level 2

ooo, watch this space - I think it is all back in order.  I have been able to send emails both with and without attachments this afternoon and havent received any bounced emails back since early afternoon.  Fingers crossed we have it sorted. 

Thank you for your patience.