TPG Community

Get online support

consistent random high ping

eddiiie
Level 2

recently, my ethernet cable connecting the nbn box and the modem broke and was replaced with a new ethernet cable. since then, ive been getting consistent high ping randomly and my 5G network randomly goes offline too and when it works, theres always high packet loss when playing online games.

5 REPLIES 5
BasilDV

Hi @eddiiie

Thanks for raising this with us.

We've run some line tests and was not able to detect any fault within the NBN network.

Since you've advised that it started after replacing the Ethernet cable, have you tried using a different one to confirm if it's the problem?

For the 5Ghz band network, did you notice if your device is still connected to the network when the connection drops out or was it disconnected from it?

To improve your home WiFi network, you may check these articles:

BasilDV

BasilDV

eddiiie
Level 2

ive bought another ethernet cable and the problem still remains. not quite sure if the ethernet cables the problem.

BasilDV

Hi @eddiiie

We'll arrange a call from our tech team to check on this further as we are not able to detect any fault from the NBN network.

Someone will be in touch tomorrow between 10AM - 12NN.

BasilDV

Phoenix1981
Level 2
Hii

Can you help me with my clicking noise on my nbn box please. We had thunder and lightening then it just started making the noise
Shane

Hi @Phoenix1981,

Welcome to the community!

The clicking or beeping noise is usually caused by the NBN Battery back up which indicated it needs to be replaced. 

Here is a helpful article that you may find helpful, this will guide you on how to prevent the beeping noise see the link below.

How to fix the beeping sounds of the NBN Battery Backup

Let us know how it will go and should you require further assistance.

Regards,

Hii

Can you help me with my clicking noise on my nbn box please. We had thunder and lightening then it just started making the noise