error message

SOLVED Go to solution
tonymitch
Level 2

I have been receiving the error message:

"Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0D) : can not find the email server. Verify the server information in your account properties"

as per the attached file, for some time. And I continue to have promlems receiving and send email to certian domains (as previously reported).

I have verified the server information in account properties several times.

Please advise how this can be fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_D

Hi Tony,

That is a possibility. Try switching modem/router off for a minute, together with the extender and see if that would improve things.

Failing that, any chance that you can try to go near and connect to the main router to test this? If possible connect the laptop to the router via ethernet cable?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Joseph_D

Hi tonymitch, My apologies if you have been asked these questions before, is the issue the same when sending/receiving emails via webmail? I am going to follow this up with our postmaster as I understand you have reached out to them.

Kind regards,

Joseph D

tonymitch
Level 2

Hi Joseph,

Yes it is. I am aware of emails having been sent to me at my xxxxx@tpg.com.au account, but can not see them in either Outlook or Webmail.

I'm currently running a test to see if I can send from Webmail.

Thanks,

Tony

Joseph_D

Hi Tony,

So I reached out to our System Admin/Postmaster about the error message and the possible cause and solution.

He suggested that 0x800CCC0D are normally caused by unstable internet connection, probably wifi probably the internet itself as a whole.

Another thing he suggested is that it may be a firewall or anti virus that is causing this.

How is your internet connection as a whole?

Kind regards,

Joseph D

tonymitch
Level 2

My internet connection is generally pretty good, but I do use an extender to get a strong signal in some parts of my house. Any chance the extender could be causing a problem?

Thx,

Tony

Joseph_D

Hi Tony,

That is a possibility. Try switching modem/router off for a minute, together with the extender and see if that would improve things.

Failing that, any chance that you can try to go near and connect to the main router to test this? If possible connect the laptop to the router via ethernet cable?

Kind regards,

Joseph D